Jack and Olivia loved learning how to roast marshmallows. Adam helped Jack while I tried to show Olivia how to perfectly roast a marshmallow without it getting burned. She accidentally burned one and refused to eat it. That's my girl! Nana and Papa had some graham crackers and we made marshmallow sandwiches. Don't worry, we're already prepared for next time with more giant marshmallows (not bunny ones. My kids picked out strawberry flavored ones) and more crackers and chocolate.
I love how bored they all look in this picture.
Madelynn just explored while we all roasted our marshmallows, which was fine with me because I didn't want her near the flames. She loved the marshmallows though, and the crackers, just not together.
Rix and Olivia tried roasting their own. Those roasters were like weapons though. I'm still surprised no one got hurt!
Madelynn and her drama. She got mad that she couldn't climb the steps to the hot tub. My parents think it's funny when my girls get all dramatic and emotional. They are used to my sister's three boys and now they are learning about the drama that comes with little girls and Madelynn is all drama!
My parents' neighbor brought over one of his Great Danes to show the kids. Seriously, the thing is as big as a horse! Jack wouldn't go near the dog but Madelynn was curious so I let her go see it. That dog could have eaten her in one bite!
I love Olivia's face in these pictures. She is trying to hard to be brave because she saw Madelynn and all her cousins see the dog, but you can tell in her face that she is scared to death.


6 comments:
Years ago, I had the chance to buy a fire pit for cheap. Dirt cheap. And, I didn't. I thought I'd be able to find just as good a deal later. Well, I haven't. Your parents' fire pit looks awesome! And, I love that kind of camping too! Everyone sleeps well.
I too love Madelynn's drama. It makes me laugh (sorry Madelynn!!). And I missed the last marshmallow roasting - bummer! How were the strawberry ones?? Bring them next time!
Wow, that dog really could have eaten Madelynn in one big bite. I love smores, we did some in the microwave the other night, but nothing like the real thing!
I want a fire pit! How cool!
Adam looks completely enthralled. :-) Man that makes me want some smores. mmm... Way cute dress by the way!
Looks like a fun bbq! Love your dress btw! So cute. I love Olivia's face in the last picture. She is so freaked out:)
Post a Comment