Olivia is on the same team as her cousin, Rix. They are the "Huskies" and wear purple shirts, which Rix hates and Olivia loves. My dad's business is their sponsor, too. She has a blast hitting the ball and trying to catch it. And when I say "trying to catch it" I mean she will run all the way from where ever she is to where ever the ball is hit, even if it means running from her post on first base all the way to third. It's so funny to watch all the kids on her team run for the ball, but when they have to throw it to a base, there is no one there because they have all run for the ball! We've had practice for about a month and we finally had our first game last week.
I love that you can see my family in the back, cheering her on. Bryan, Celeste and Cole (in the bright green coat). My dad and brother were there too.
Run, Livvy, run!
Jack and Madelynn were pretty uninterested in the game. Jack played with his cousins on this huge tree nearby, and Madelynn kept trying to run into the game to get the baseball. She ended up just being mad and tired near the end of the game. And it was too cold to go to the playground!
Olivia and Rix are like an old married couple. They are great friends, but really know how to push either other's buttons. Here, Olivia is yelling at Rix "Next time you have to let me get the ball, Rixy!" Apparently he got to the ball before her. And he hates being called "Rixy" and yet Olivia continues to call him that just to make him mad!
Has anyone ever seen "Spaceballs"? She reminds me of Rick Moranis' character Dark Helmet. She's still a cute little T-ball player and we were so proud of how well she played and paid attention. Go Huskies!


4 comments:
Dark Helmet...hahaha! And when Hayden played tball his team did the same everyone-run-to-the-ball routine, and whoever got the ball was way excited, and everyone else was upset. It was funny to watch. Or the run to third instead of first, that happened all the time. Her and Rix(y) are so cute together. Too bad their related.
That last picture is actually really cute (she looks better in my scarf than I do!!). But the game was way fun to watch and I am actally looking forward to the next games (hopefully they are warmer!!). And I think she is actually a really good hitter!
How fun to have Rix and Olivia on the same team! They don't do co-ed teams here, even in kindergarten! And maybe I'll have to see what happens when I call Rix Rixy...
Love the spaceballs reference! LOL. That looks like so much fun! I have got to sign Rylynn up for something. I love that she calls him Rixy just to bug him. So funny. She looks so cute in the spaceballs pic with that purple scarf!
Post a Comment