Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pool Days

We have been enjoying the sunny and way too hot weather at the Shaker pool these days. It seems like the only way (besides our awesome central air conditioning) to cool off these days. Olivia and Jack love going to the pool although I see them playing next to the pool as often as I see them actually in it. Jack takes a while to warm up to the whole idea of getting all wet in the pool but Olivia loves to go from side to side, collecting as many toys as she can and then hoarding them with Jack so none of the other kids can play with them. I usually end up with just my feet in the water, which actually feels pretty good, but the kids are really good at making sure I get plenty wet, with Olivia splashing and Jack trying to sit on my lap with his wet swim diaper on!Snack time. I can't get them to eat a healthy lunch at the pool, but they will stop in a heartbeat for a snack like licorice or strawberry granola bars.

Jack actually in the pool. He loves to scoop water from the pool and create his own "pool" on the concrete.Jack and Olivia playing in the pool. They were actually the only ones in the pool that day, so they had free reign on the toys!Olivia laughing at Jack attacking a drain cover. They have a blast together at the pool. Now if I can figure out how to get them to get along just as well at home...

10 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

I wish we had a cool pool like you guys do! And Jack's hair looks so red in the sun. I wish we were visiting so we could go! And I notice my kids get along really well at McDonald's playland - they don't want to eat the food. They just want to play and they are so good together! Maybe you should get a pool and I should get a PlayLand!

Stina said...

CUTE PICS! Wish we could be there with you. At the Spanish Fork pool--there's just a line of mom's soaking their feet at the edge around the kiddie pool. I love it.

Kelli said...

You sure go to the pool a lot! It looks like fun. Thanks for mentioning your awesome a/c while I swelter in mine =)

Kristin said...

Central air...I'm jealous! We might to come and spend some time over at your house :) Cute pics of the kids! Olivia is getting so big!

Miriam said...

I would be right there in the pool with them! Yes, we are all jealous of the central air. Luckily it hasn't been too too hot lately.

Marilyn said...

That looks really fun! What pool are you going to? So this is what you do all day before play practice!

Sarah Anne said...

Looks like you are enjoying summer. Glad to see you are all doing well. We miss you so much. Just tonight, Emma asked, "Mom, why does Adam have to live so far away?" Makes me sad. We are all very excited about our new cousin! They found out and said, "How many cousins will we have then?!" I don't know, do you?
Miss and love you guys.

Rachel said...

I love your new template! It looks so cute. The pool looks like so much fun. I can't believe you were the only ones there! I can't believe how old Jack looks in those pics. You'll have to show me all the good spots at the pool when we get back:)

Summer said...

My pool buddy! What would we do all summer without the pool?

Kelli said...

Jeremiah would like to see a picture of you in your swimsuit too. Stop holding out on us!