Aren't my titles so creative? Anyway, I saw the doctor yesterday, and I am measuring exactly 12 weeks. I saw an ultrasound and the baby was kicking and jumping all over the place. I saw his/her profile and it was so small. It's weird to me that I can see all that movement and not feel a thing. I haven't really been sick, either. There have been a couple days that I've felt a little nauseated and they are usually days when I have places to be ("Kirtland" practice, church) but all in all, I'm feeling great. Tired and exhausted, but great. I still haven't thrown up either, but that is more of a mind-over-matter thing because I hate throwing up (really, who likes it?).
The doctor also said I had only gained a pound. I hadn't expected to lose any weight, but hello! I'm eating like a college frat boy (I said "eating", not "drinking"!), and I really feel like I've gained way more than that, but I am my own worst critic when it comes to my weight and how I think I look. But how I gained only one pound after snacking on Snack Wraps (I crave the honey mustard more than the chicken) and eating my body weight in pasta and ribs is beyond me. Maybe I've found a new diet? The Frat Boy diet. Awesome.
Sorry I don't have any pictures. They are all on Adam's computer and he has it at school, and I am at home, fresh from the pool and hoping that the heat wore my kids out enough for a good long nap, because I know it wore me out enough for a good long nap. Although these days I don't need anything to wear me out for a nap.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So, when is your exact due date? I'm so excited for you! Glad the frat boy diet is working. I'll have to remember that!
Yeah for only gaining one pound, relish in it while it lasts because believe me, it doesn't last. Teach me your frat boy diet, sounds like something I'd enjoy =)
Sign me up for the frat boy diet! I just love it when you get that kind of news during pregnancy. I'm so glad you haven't gotten sick. I hate throwing up more than anything too. That is so exciting everything looks great with the baby. We are so excited for you guys.
Kelli is just jealous - don't listen to her! Maybe your baby was just jumping around because of the Diet DP you drink - it gets all crazy! And congrats on your new diet. I love those kind of diets that let you eat ribs and pasta. Maybe you should write a book!
I think you look great! your diet sounds awesome, sign me up!!
I'm up for the frat boy diet, as long as there's lots of pizza and chocolate! MMMMM!
I can't belive you're already 12 weeks, sometimes I forget you're even pregnant, oh yeah, that's because I never see you.
Hope things are going well with the play! I'm excited to see it!
Adam and Carissa! Congratulations on your baby news! We are excited for you. Hope you are feeling well and that your kids are treating you good.
Post a Comment