Saturday, June 14, 2008

Why I've been MIA for a while...

Other than being totally busy lately, I have also been overly exhausted. I am in "This is Kirtland!" again this year and it has been taking a lot out of me to be at practice until late at night and early in the morning, although I am excited to be in the musical again. I am Marinda Hyde, which isn't a big part this year, but I do have a small solo and one line to say. Along with being tired from the pregnancy, the practices add onto it and I have been too tired to update the blog in a while. Anyway, I'll post pictures after we get our costumes. I know you are all dying to see me in a dress that does nothing for my figure complete with a bun and ringlets.

We have had a lot of fun already this summer. We busted out the swimming pool and sprinkler in the backyard, and somehow Olivia got wrangled into washing our neighbor's car while we were playing outside one day. I need to work on getting her to clean my car now.

Jack, as you can see, does not like the sprinkler. Even if the water barely hits him, he will completely flip out. So we put him in the center of the sprinkler just for a photo op. Nice, huh?

Adam also likes the kiddie pool... along with all the balls the neighbor kids could find in their garage. Yes, he's wearing a shirt, and yes he is also wearing swim trunks.

On Thursday we finally got to start using our pool pass to the Shaker pool. I love their toddler pool. It is completely gated in and it also has a shaded part. Jack has taken a while to get used to the water. I thought he would love the pool since he loves his baths so much. I think it has something to do with the cold water and the fact that the water gets a little deep at some parts and he can't catch himself when he falls. That happened on our first day at the pool. He fell forward and couldn't reach his arms or legs to the bottom to get himself up. A lady who was closer to him had to help him up before he drowned. I got soaked running to get him and holding him for the 10 minutes he was crying afterwards. Poor kid, the second day we were at the pool, it took him an hour to get back in the water!

Here is Olivia at the big sprinklers at the pool. I thought she would be afraid of these, but she likes the sprinkler at home so I told her I would give her a penny for her penny jar if she ran through the water. She was such a big girl! I told her to run through those rings in the back, but she wouldn't, which was fine because she went further than I thought she would. Brave Olivia!

We also went to Kirtland's Strawberry Festival again this year. It was a lot more expensive this time, with each kiddie ride costing $2! Olivia got to go on two rides and Jack got to go on one- his first carousel ride! We wanted to try the funnel cakes or the strawberry shortcakes but they were a lot of money for a little bit so we went to RJ's for dinner instead which was fine by me because I crave their pulled pork sandwiches (only $6!) and they actually have fry sauce!


Olivia on the train. This ride was there last time too and she loved it. She was so excited to see it this year and had to ride it. I think it is so boring. You sit in the car and go around the track three times slower than a snail. But she loved it and that is all that matters, right?Jack was so jealous that Olivia got to go on the train. He isn't big enough for it and I'm pretty darn sure he would have jumped off of it mid-ride anyway, so he tried to climb through the gate instead. It obviously didn't work so he got to go on the carousel with Olivia and Adam next. He was so excited! Every time he passed me he would say "Mama!" It was adorable. Afterwards he ran up to me and gave me a big hug. That's all the thanks I need.

10 comments:

Lane family said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I can't wait for the Kirtland pictures. I for one, think the dresses are terribly sexy- and the ringlets are HOT! If you weren't already prego, I'd be worried.

steph said...

OK...So where the heck is RJ's? We need a good fry sauce fix. And, I personally love the ringlet look.

Kelli said...

I need to take the kids to the pool more, ours is indoors so I won't be dying in the heat, but I figure if my kids have a blast like yours it will be worth getting me in a swimsuit =) Lucky you has your husband available for fun activities, that festival looks like fun!

Kristin said...

Sounds like you guys have had a fun summer so far! I'm looking forward to see you in your ringlets and bun :)

Ana Lee said...

Looks like your guys are having a lot of fun this summer! I think my favorite picture is Adam in the kiddie pool, haha! That is so great that you are in the musical again. I watched the DVD of last year with Kory. You were fun to watch! You're a good sport for putting in so many hours! Good luck with finding energy.

Celeste Pearson said...

Shut up! I think you look awesome in the dress and bun. You should have been a pioneer!! (You know, no epidurals and running water!!) Anyway, your pool looks awesome. You guys have so much to do! Do you mind if I send my kids to live with you this summer? Just don't scare them with your dress and bun!

Elise said...

You've been busy! I wish we lived in Shaker Heights so we could join you at the pool, ours is totally lame, but we still go anyway. Looks like Adam is just as happy in the back yard blow up pool, LOL!

Stina said...

The sprayers at the pool look amazing!! I wouldn't have gone that close to them. I don't like water in my face unless I choose to put it there. :) You guys are always having fun!!

Summer said...

I love Adam in the kiddie pool! Looks like you need to bring him with you to the pool sometime this year!

I can't wait to see you in the Musical...and after reading your post, I am now craving RJs! YUM!!!

Rachel said...

awhhh, I miss out little backyard neighborhood fun. This post really made me miss home. We will see how much longer we last. I love the picture of Adam in the pool, he looks like he is having just a little too much fun!