Saturday, March 8, 2008

I hate snow (that's an understatement)

Can I be the millionth person in Cleveland to say "Enough with the snow!!!" Seriously, we have over a foot in our yard already and it's still coming down! We can't get our cars out of the driveway so we are stuck in the house (the alternate was supposed to be Target, so you can see why I am so mad!). The snow is so bad here, the librarys and malls have closed, and so has the airport. I am in major need of some warmer weather and my already-bought pool pass needs to get some use pronto. (Update for all of you in warmer weather- Shaker Heights got a total of 17 inches of snow, so now you can gage how depressed I am).

Anyway, we used the day to clean out the kids' toys. In all honesty, my kids have way too many toys. In my defense, almost half of them fall into the "too young for them" category. So today Adam and I put away all the toys that either A) are for babies, B) annoy the heck out of me (which is pretty much any toy that makes noise), or C) they don't play with. We also threw away all the McDonald's Happy Meal toys since they prove that we get "burgerfries" way too often. The point of this is: stay tuned for the Poyfair garage sale next May. It will be off the hook! I figure if we couldn't go anywhere, we at least got something accomplished. There is something about de-junking the house that makes me a happy person. We also tackled the front closet, and if anyone has seen that piece of art, you'd know how much crap we had in there. Let's just say at the end of the day, we had at least 5 bags of trash.

Also, I was uploading pictures to Snapfish and came across a couple of pictures that are sure to brighten your day!

This is why we no longer let Jack eat Cheetos or Nacho Cheese Doritos. And sorry for the belly picture...

I three-barreled Olivia's hair for church. It looked really cute and she kept going up to the mirror and laughing at her "curly" hair.

We made crock pot ribs a couple Sundays ago (and they were sooo good), but Jack didn't want the meat. He wanted to chew the bones and would get upset if we didn't give them to him. He really is quite the character. Or maybe he's teething?

Olivia got to go to her friends' birthday. It was for Emma and Rylynn and was a pink princess party, so she got to wear her Sleeping Beauty dress the whole time. She was so excited and had a lot of fun.

8 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

I love her princess dress! How fun to wear it for a party. Anyway, I am so sorry Target is closed for you - I was just there last night! Think of it as me going in your honor. And I want more pictures of Jack eating - they are so darn awesome! (Can we get a wet wipe over here???) :)

Elise said...

AMEN! I'm so sick of winter! Good for you cleaning out your toys and closets, we made 4 batches of cookies...not so good considering they're all gone now, oops!

Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

I'm with elise - when you can't go outside...BAKE something...and then eat it! We did pumpkin bread. And yeah, enough with the snow already! Bryan and I were outside at 6am this morning shoveling so that he could get to work! Only two more Cleveland winters!

Stina said...

Well, you know, Utah hasn't been having that much snow...

Kelli said...

I'm with you on the snow, we didn't get 17 inches, probably about a foot, but I hate being stuck indoors too, I hate always being cold, I hate that snow is always all over me...when will this stop?!?! I'm with Stina, Utah sounds like a much better option right now. Love the pics, Jack makes me hungry. And I love Livvy's three-barreled hair. She's so grown up!

Miriam said...

At least you were productive...I don't think we did anything! I am so so tired of snow too! Don't you feed Jack? I think I saw some ribs! And I'm sure Oliva totally loved the party. What little girl wouldn't love a pink princess party?

Garrett said...

Carissa - We spent the day at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. It was 70 degrees and we got some sun. The water was a bit cold, but we managed to endure it.

I thought you might like the update...

:)