We attempted dying our eggs with the kids this year. Olivia loved the Disney Princess kit we had, and used the decorating stickers for herself instead of the eggs. She actually had a lot of fun making pink eggs, but had to put an egg in each color before she would let Adam and I have a turn. We were even brave enough to let Jack put an egg in once. I had to keep my hand on the egg since he would have been more than happy to throw the egg into the dye from across the room!
Yes, it snowed again, but it wasn't anything like the snow storm we had last year. Olivia wore her new dress that she picked out at Costco and I three-barreled her hair again. She loves her hair "curly" but barely has the patience for me to do it. Jack was all cuteness in his green plaid shirt (I think it brings out his red hair anyway). 
After church the kids got their Easter baskets (so we don't have church until 1pm, so they could have easily gotten them in the morning, but I was so busy baking and cooking all morning that I really didn't think about it!). Olivia got candy and a new dress up and Jack was all smiles with his new Mickey doll. He even slept with it that night (and every night since).
We had dinner with our upstairs neighbors, Rachel and Garrett, and their kids. Olivia and Rylynn got the same dress up from the Easter Bunny (obviously the Easter Bunny knew that this would hopefully squash any jealousy fights between those two goofballs) and they both wore them all through dinner. It was really cute. Rachel made a lamb roast, which I've never had, but I quite enjoyed it. We also had mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet and salty green beans, homemade rolls (from Rachel- I offered to buy some. I really need to learn to make bread!), deviled eggs, and eclair cake. Rachel even made a pear and blue cheese salad for starters and it was amazing, and I don't even like blue cheese!After the amazing dinner we played the egg roll game that Rachel's family plays on Easter. We did this last year too and I won. FYI- the game is pretty self-explanatory. You roll hard boiled eggs at each other and the one whose does not crack, wins. We played husbands against wives and then the winners from that played. This year it was Rachel against Adam... and Adam won. Sorry Rach! Maybe next year? It was cute when Olivia and Rylynn played. Their eggs just kept missing each other, but eventually Olivia's cracked so Rylynn won, but at 3 years of age, every one is a winner so they both got chocolate as a prize.

Anyway, we hope you all had a great Easter too and took time to remember what the Easter season is all about (beyond yummy dinners and Cadbury eggs!). We had an awesome Primary activity during church where the kids took a "tour of Easter" and were taught about the First Supper, the Garden of Gethsemane, and the Resurrection. There was even a "tomb" set up that when they looked inside, it was empty. It was amazing and a ton of work but Olivia came home with more knowledge than I think I could have given her.

7 comments:
Happy Easter, Poyfairs! Sounds like fun! I love the matching princesses! VERY SMART Easter Bunny! LOL!
What a busy Easter, sounds like you had a blast. According to my blog, Easter sucked, but I know the kids had fun. It just shows that Easter, as with every other holiday, is better when you have good friends to spend it with. Since we don't, it wasn't much fun. I love Olivia's hair curled! And I like Jack's shirt...Target maybe?
Your dinner sounds yummy! I need the recipe for that salad - even though it sounds not so tasty I'll take your word that it is yummy and try it. I'm glad that you had a great Easter and I think Bryan and I will start playing the egg rolling game next year - it sounds like fun! And if Adam can do it, anyone can, right???
The egg-rolling contest is under protest. Allegedly, Adam soaked his egg in the dye for over 20 minutes, which created a thicker coating on the outside of the egg thus giving him a significant advantage over the rest of us. Rule 5.41(a)(1) clearly states that the maximum number of minutes that one can dye one's egg at this elevation is 8 minutes. We may need to call a congressional hearing to get to the bottom of this. I mean, if I can't win, I'm just not going to play. :)
G
Wow Garrett, I'd never guess you were in law from reading that comment!
Sounds like you had fun! And I LOVED Olivia's blue dress, it was so pretty! Is that the one you got at Costco? So cute!
We should get together this week, too bad it's supposed to rain all week :(
I love that picture of Olivia and Rylynn in their matching dresses! Olivia and Jack look so cute in their Easter outfits. I love seeing Jack get all excited about Mickey, so cute! Don't mind Garrett's comment, he just wishes we could win one out of the two years! Too bad for us.
Wow Adam. I know you don't contribute to this blog, but man, you have one cute family, one cute wife and then there's you..... ;)
Wonderful blog Carissa. Does Adam still listen to the Red Hot Chili Peppers?
Post a Comment