Saturday, July 21, 2007

What you will NOT see me wearing in public!

My mom came to Cleveland this last week to help Kelli and Jeremiah move to Toledo. She and her friend Pam came to see Adam and the kids and I for a couple days after they helped with the move. It was great to see Mom again, since she hadn't seen us or the kids since Thanksgiving when Jack was blessed. Anyway, Pam had never seen the Kirtland Temple or any of the other historic sites, so Mom took her up there for a day. Afterwards, Mom, Pam, Adam and the kids came to see me in the musical I'm in at Kirtland. Adam video taped most of the play, and you can hear Olivia sitting next to him singing the songs at full volume. She was dancing along with us in the big dance scene and was totally glued to the stage the entire time. Olivia and I will both be doing the musical next year!

My friends Miriam and Summer. We all car pooled the entire 3 months of practices and performances. I love these girls!

Me in full costume. I admit, it's not the most figure flattering thing I've ever worn, and it is not breathable at all so we are hot all the time. I loved doing the musical. It is an awesome experience to portray someone in church history and to understand a little more what life was like for them back then. I am sad that tonight is the last performance, although I'm happy to have a break from buns, curls, and bonnets! I can't wait until next year to do this again!

5 comments:

Stina said...

So, did you make your own costume? That's so awesome you did a musical. I don't think you will ever find me doing a play (especially considering my amazing singing abilities). You rock, Twissa! Post a video for us soon.

Kelli said...

I can't wait for Olivia's version of your song and dance. And Adam's video, since I didn't get to see your play =( See you in a few days!

Destiny Rayburn said...

i love your outfit! i think you should mail it to me and i'll wear it to work one day and see what everyone says. that would be awesome!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Stina- I didn't get it on my camera video! Adam couldn't run both cameras- sorry! You'll see it though sometime! And we didn't make the outfits, they had someone that has experience with costumes do them. And Kel- you can see it next year! And D- I think they would institutionalize you! Plus, those outfits made me so hot (temperature wise, not HOTT MAMA!). Although, I think the color would definitely bring out your eyes!

Celeste Pearson said...

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to wear that outfit in public. Please explain with detailed pictures and diagrams. Anyway, if Livvy is in it next year, I definitely want to come and see it!