Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Family Fun Night

So, I have a confession to make (don't tell anyone!)... Adam and I do not have Family Home Evening! There! I said it! Whew, I feel much better now. It's hard to get two little kids to pay attention to anything like that, so instead we do fun things together. I like to call them "Family Dates" where we all go to dinner or to ice cream or to walk the mall or something. I really want to start having FHE and have already had some really good ideas for lessons and activities, so maybe that will be our next step, but we will still keep our date nights as a family too. And don't worry, Adam and I still have date nights on our own, we just sometimes like to drag the kiddies along as well.

Last Monday I read a recipe wrong for dinner, so we went to Qdoba. It's a little Mexican restaurant that reminds me of Cafe Rio. There is a Qdoba in the Riverwoods in Provo too and we really liked it. Anyway, here are some fun pictures of our dinner.

I am fully aware that this burrito is as big as Adam's head. And he ate the whole thing. Surprised? If you know Adam, that should surprise you in the least.

Olivia and I eating our normal sized burritos. She actually ate just a tortilla and some of my rice and beans. She's getting to be a picky little eater. And do you love her fake smile?

Our big little boy and Adam. Jack is crawling now! Woohoo! Well, sometimes I'm excited about that. Yesterday, when he tipped the big box fan on top of himself, I wasn't as "woohoo" about the fact he is crawling and getting into things. But it is fun to be on the opposite side of the house and suddenly have him behind me. And when I say "fun" I mean it scared the crap out of me.

I bought Olivia some sidewalk chalk. She loves to color and I thought it would be nice for her to have something else to do outside than ride her bike. She loved the chalk, although Adam comes in a close second in the loving of the chalk department. The next day I went outside and he had definitely drawn more things than Olivia did. He really is a kid at heart!


By the way, Olivia is cleaning off her feet here. She is OCD about things being on her feet. She cleans them constantly, even if it is a piece of fuzz, and always gives me what ever was on her feet by saying "Ew! Gross! Here mom." Yeah, ew, Olivia.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Hey, when your kids are that young, I think Family Fun Night is just as great as FHE. We've tried the whole FHE thing but the kids just don't sit long enough for us to get through much of it. It's good to start a habit of doing something like FHE that is more suitable for your kids. Thanks for the tip, we might just have to steal it.

Celeste Pearson said...

Adam - I think you are a graceful eater. (Now you can pay me that $5!) Anyway, your date looked like lots of fun - I should "mess up" recipes more often so we can have an excuse to go out! I hear the Quiznos around here has Diet Dew on tap!!! Heaven on earth!

Destiny Rayburn said...

you updated! =) hopefully you are fully aware of the fact that i was kidding. i love your kids. they are so cute.

Seriously... said...

Ok...so thanks so much for having us over...it was really fun, me, my sister, dustin and the kids all had a great time. Our turn next to host!!! Also, i'm excited to have another blog to read! Sorry to hear about the awful jack-locked-in-the-car-ordeal, i know you mentioned to me the other day you locked him in, but I didn't realize HOW locked in he was! Glad everything worked out well....
talk to you soon,
kendra

Stina said...

Have you seen the new crayola sidewalk chalk rake? Looks dang cool. That way, little Olivia could also keep her hands clean. :)

And Celeste, no fair! I love the way Adam eats. I could just watch him forever...