Friday, July 6, 2007

Fourth of July

We had a pretty uneventful Independence Day, which is exactly how I wanted it. It was nice to have Adam home and a day off from the musical. We had a breakfast at church, where Olivia had more fun running the length of the field in the back of the church than she did actually eating anything. Now I know her secret to staying so thin! She's just at that age where she wants to play with other kids, but doesn't run as fast as them and doesn't quite understand the rules of any games. It's funny to watch her. You'll see this massive group of 3 or 4 year olds running towards you with a ball and making all sorts of noise, and as soon as they pass you you'll see Olivia about a yard behind them just screaming her little head off with a huge grin on her face, and it's so funny because you know she has no idea why she is running and screaming, but the other kids are doing it and it obviously is tons of fun so she does it too. What a cute girl!


Anyway, the whole family took really long (and really needed) naps in the afternoon then had friends over for a lazy days barbecue. It was fun to just sit back and relax while the kids ran around and played.

We had about 8 different bikes and ride on toys for the kids to play with so Olivia was in heaven, which is apparent from the goofy smile on her face. And I know, she is not very lady like in her dress!

This is the face Jack would make when I showed him this (yummy!) Strawberry Fluff my friend makes. It's like Cool Whip and Jello and strawberries and pineapple all mixed together so Jack and Olivia ate it up like it was their last meal. Every time I showed Jack a bite, he would scream and giggle until I gave it to him (unless I didn't give it to him, which then he would scream and cry).

We also did not see any fireworks. It would have been really late for the kids, who either don't like fireworks or don't know what they are anyway. We did wake Olivia up a little after 10pm to let her see some fireworks that we could spot from our front porch, and she thought they were pretty, but wasn't overly impressed with them. We hope all your Fourths were fabulous too!

4 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Livvy and Jack are so cute! I think it's so adorable that she runs after the other kids even though she doesn't know what is going on (she must get that from her mom!) and Jack and food - maybe he can teach Bryce to eat more than hot dogs and milk!

Kelli said...

hayden does that too, runs with the older kids and everyone knows he has no idea what is going on but he's having fun. glad you had a fun holiday, even without fireworks (they're overrated)and yeah for better weather then utah!

Stina said...

I love that your ward does so many fun activities. I sometimes wish our ward did too. And I loved Livvy's hair. Totally cute!

wirigendo said...

What's with the "UNEVENTFUL" stuff.

Taken personally.