Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Day at the "Fair"

A bunch of gals from the ward met up at Memphis Kiddie Park (which is not in Memphis, Tennessee like Adam thought, but on Memphis Rd in Cleveland). It's a small park with children's amusement park rides. We got in as a group and therefore got 2 hours of unlimited rides, a box of popcorn and a drink, and a ginormous balloon. Olivia had a blast. Jack, not so much. He was hot and bored and tired and hungry. Olivia was neither of these things, as I had a to beg her to eat some ice cream and drink some water.
Olivia's first ride was the boats, which she went on the most. I'm not sure if it was because she liked the bell, or if she was so hot she wanted to try and jump in the water. Her next ride was the "train", meaning she thought it was a train ride and I didn't correct her otherwise. Actually, it was a mini roller coaster.

Olivia before the ride (with her friend Eric):

Olivia after the ride:

I don't think she liked the ride all that much. The first time around she had this terrified look on her face. The second time around it started to slow down where she could have gotten off, then took off again so she started screaming and yelling for Mommy. It was sad and hilarious at the same time.
I loved this ride, but only because the waiting area was in the shade and there were benches to sit at. Olivia apparently was allowing her imaginary chauffeur take her around the track. She didn't touch the wheel once, but instead chose to sit back and relax and enjoy the ride!Jack on the other hand had lunch and his bottle then crashed for an hour in the stroller. When he woke up there was popcorn and ice cream to eat. If you see the blurry orange thing in the top right corner, that is Olivia's huge balloon about to whack him repeatedly in the head, courtesy of Olivia herself. Don't worry, he survived the attack and actually enjoyed it!

8 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

Haha! Those pictures of the roller coaster made me laugh so hard that I am grateful that I peed BEFORE I read your blog! That is so typical Olivia! Your little park sounds like a lot of fun. We will have to come as a family now that Kelli is out there too and do all the fun things there next year!

Stina said...

That made me laugh too!!! I'm scared to let Jordyn ride by herself.

Seriously... said...

Ok...so tell Adam that I think he must be right about the peter pan reference! Brady has been watching peter pan lately...i didn't pick up on that. So Adam gets 10 points in the movie trivia game (Kendra 0).
Have fun!

Destiny Rayburn said...

that kills me about livvy! she's so funny! miss ya!

Kelli said...

The before and after pic of Olivia was hilarious. I hope Toledo has things like that for the kids!

Stina said...

I'm still laughing about the pic of Olivia. I was telling Brent about it last night and could not stop laughing!!

voltage said...

I loved the pics of Olivia on the ride--that was hillarious. Wish we could have gone with you guys! It looked like tons of fun!

Elise said...

that was me that just posted, I don't know who voltage is...sorry about that!