Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The zoo and the park in March?!

Okay, so it may seem normal to go outdoors in March in other parts of the country, but in Ohio we usually still have snow or at least snow-like temperatures all the way through March. However, we were blessed with a warm front for a few days this week and took full advantage of it! First off, we hit up the zoo mainly because it's free on Mondays. Olivia and Jack had a fun time. Well, Jack slept most of the time but personally I think that sounds like fun at the moment. Olivia loved the elephants and the monkeys, and she saw "Pumbaa" from Lion King. In all honesty, it was just a warthog but she wouldn't believe me. Olivia also bumped her head (and when I say "bumped" I mean she ran ahead of me and fell smack on her face on her concrete right in front of the reindeer exhibit) and she wasn't too thrilled about that. I'm embarrassed to say the first thought that went through my head as I ran to her was "I hope we aren't taking pictures this week."
Olivia eating the only healthy snack she likes- apples.

Olivia's "booboo" after she has forgotten about it.

Jack woke up just in time for lunch time. Lucky me.

On Tuesday it hit an all time high of 70 with a heat index of 77. It was so nice! The kids and I picked Adam up from school for lunch time and went to a nearby park. Silly me asked Olivia "Do you want to eat lunch or go down the slides" and I asked this as she is already running towards the toys. She hasn't been on a playground since September so she loved every minute of being outside. She went down the slides, bossed some kids around, and went into the sandbox (and was abruptly hauled out of the sandbox by myself- I've heard scary things about sandboxes). Jack sat with Daddy and has even started reaching for Adam and I when he wants to change parents. It's so cute!

Don't you love my action shot?


He is such a chunk but I wouldn't have him any other way!


Look at that concentration! He makes the same face when he is reaching for the remote control. He is definitely his father's son...


4 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

I was just telling Bryan that I wanted the weather to warm up enough to take Rix to the park! Lucky! And poor Livvy - her owie looks so bad! I hope the reindeer got a good laugh about it though. And Jack is so so cute - definitely takes after his mommy's side - and you say you like Jack the way he is, but wait until you've had to hold him for like an hour - you'll be vowing to put him on a diet!!!

Stina said...

Jordyn got the exact same "bonk" as Olivia last year. Wanna see? http://worldofpearson.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_archive.html Luckily, we had marshmallows on hand to calm her down.

And about this free day at the zoo and everything else you do--I'm thinking Ohio is a fun place to live!! Either that, or the Poyfair's put the fun in Ohio.

Stina said...

so, the link didn't work. Look at my June 06 archive. Twinners.

Nana Lynda said...

testing testing :)