So at the carnival Olivia also "won" a goldfish. Actually she lost the game but they gave her a goldfish anyway (darn them) so we had to give it to a friend of ours who already has fish. That poor fishy wouldn't have lasted a week at the Poyfair house. As you can see, she also got a tattoo of a butterfly on her face. She chose the butterfly and her cheek and was so proud of it. She even went to WalMart and Cracker Barrel like that. She also tried cotton candy for the first time. I think she liked the taste (who wouldn't love pure spun sugar?) but she was weirded out that it looked like cotton and dissolved in her mouth.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
And who says Adam isn't good for anything?
So we went to the CADA carnival on Saturday. CADA is basically the spouse association at the dental school here. Anyway, they had a great set up, with booths for games and carnival food. Can I tell you what Olivia had for lunch? A Hostess cupcake, Cheetos, a sucker, chips with nacho cheese on them and one bite of her hot dog. Nice. Anyway... Adam and I tried to win a gift certificate to Texas Roadhouse, which we love, by playing the basketball toss. Needless to say, we were both out in the first round. Then Adam tried to win me an iPod by lip syncing "Ice Ice Baby" and even though he knew all the words (yeah, I know what you're thinking) he didn't win. Olivia loved watching her daddy up on stage and danced along with him. As you can see, she's dancing with her Olivia the Pig doll. This is her new "binky" and it goes every where with us, including the carnival, Costco, Cracker Barrel, Target, and so on.
Next up was the putt putt golf competition, which was another chance for an iPod. So Adam stood in the long line of hopefuls and made it to the end with one other guy. That guy made one out of three, and Adam missed his first, made his second... and made the third! He won me an iPod. I say he won it for me because he has an iPod already thanks to my awesome birthday present-buying skills. It's cool- it's a shuffle that is metallic orange and is about 1"x2" so it's small. It clips to things, like your shirt or purse so you can take it anywhere. I love it and I am so proud of Adam. He is very good at golfing even if he doesn't think so.
By the way, Jack slept most of the time. I love this age. When he woke up he played with his feet on the floor while I manned the bean bag toss booth. Isn't he cute?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
So I never said Adam isn't good for anything - he's good for a laugh anytime AND he can win me an IPod whenever he wants (that's how it works right? You both have an IPod so if he wins another you have to send it this way?). Anyway congrats on being an awesome putter. And Livvy's tattoo is so cute - have you considered making it permanent?
Did you capture his karoake on video? I would love to see it. Next time, have Brent be his backup dancer and they'll win for sure!! (Brent & his roomies did a dance to Ice, Ice Baby for a talent show at the Glenwood).
Post a Comment