Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Spending the day with Nana and Papa

Olivia and her cousin Rix got to spend almost an entire Saturday with my parents a few weekends ago. My parents took them to the store to get some water and snacks, then they set off for Point Defiance Park. It's a beatiful nature hike and Olivia couldn't stop talking about it. She had a lot of fun and loved being outdoors seeing the different trees and helping to walk Missy, my mom's dog. She got to bring her own little backpack that she put her "blankie" in.

After the hike, the kids got to go to Subway for lunch and then to Toys R Us to pick out a toy. Apparently Olivia kept telling Nana "My mommy wants me to pick one of these toys" and kept going over to the Hannah Montana aisle, which is funny because I have never told her that. My mom said Olivia was insistant that I wanted her to have a Hannah Montana toy, but finally chose a My Little Pony. Honestly, I would rather her have the pony any day!

When it was time to go home the kids refused and my parents gave in way too easily and let them play outside at their house for a while until we picked them up. It was almost dinner time and I missed my Livvy! Thanks Nana and Papa for a fun day!
Nana, Missy and Papa. Olivia obviously took this picture, along with a few others, like a picture of her hand, my parents shoes, and the top half of Rix's face.
Olivia, Rix and Missy. As Celeste put on her blog, it looks like Missy is about to keel over. Poor thing!

Papa showing Olivia some of the trees and plants. It was educational and fun!I'm not sure how safe this is, walking dogs in the road, so don't try this at home.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How fun for Olivia! That dog really does look quite miserable in that picture. She probably feels the way I do in this heat! I thought it wasn't supposed to get that hot here. Well maybe it's just me cause I'm huge! I wish you would just admit it Carissa you have a secret passion for Hannah Montana toys:)

Celeste Pearson said...

What?? It isn't safe to walk in the road? Thanks for the pointer. And the kids had so much fun - I think Nana and Papa should take them more often!! :)