Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Washington is not supposed to get hot

Washington doesn't usually get such great weather. That is why most people who live here don't even invest in air conditioning! Now I am really starting to miss my central air in Ohio! A couple weeks ago Celeste and I took the kids to a spray park in Tacoma. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast. There was also a playground they could play on too if they got bored with the water (which never happens with Jack. He could stay in the water all day).
It took Jack a few minutes to get the courage up to actually get in the water. Once he did, though, he was impossible to get out. I'm amazed that he can love cold water spraying at him from the ground and all other directions, but he is scared to death of the shower...I don't know what every one is looking at, but I think it's one of the buckets that would fill with water and then dump on the people below it. Or one of the many planes that flew over head. I'm really just guessing here.My big girl! Madelynn is sitting up on her own now. She still falls backward, especially when pushed by one of her siblings or if she gets super excited about something. I need to invest in a hat for her when we are outside, but I'm sure she would just chew on it.Olivia and Bryce warming up before they played on the playground. Olivia insists that we have to go back sometime soon because I wouldn't let them get a treat from the stupid ice cream truck, so she thinks if we go back I'll let them choose something. She is very delusional and a little too hopeful that I am willing to shell out $4 for an ice cream sandwich. We will definitely be going back, though. It was a lot of fun and FREE!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Spray parks are the best! I can't believe Madelynn is sitting up already. That is really funny that Jack loves those sprayers and hates the shower. So I say if you go back you bring some 25 cent ice cream sandwiches in a cooler in the back of your car and then pull them out like you just bought them from the truck. Then everyone wins. Ice cream trucks are the biggest rip off!

Mike & Bekah +4 said...

Where is this spray park??? I wanna take my kids there! You and Celeste need to bring the kids over here to swim. That's where we usually are all summer...

Stina said...

Looks like fun! We're supposed to get something like that in Spanish Fork eventually. I hope people aren't shocked when I run through them too (but not in my swimsuit). :)

Ana Lee said...

Your baby is growing up so fast! She is so beautiful. I love the pics of Jack and Olivia playing in the water, too cute!

Kelli said...

I can't believe how big Madelynn is getting! Aubrey loves hats, lucky me. And we'll take the boys next time we're in WA, they'd love that spray park!

Celeste Pearson said...

Your kids are way more fun at the spray park than mine!

Summer said...

Enjoy the great weather! That spray park looks fun! Madelynn is growing like crazy!!!