Anyway, at 9:30 my OB broke my water and I lasted a whole twenty minutes before I asked for my epidural. Ten minutes later I got it and it was heaven! I figured that I had felt contractions before, I knew that they weren't fun and didn't see why I needed to be in pain in order to feel justified to get an epidural. This epidural was a little different than ones in the past because I could still feel a lot of pressure, but not pain. It was annoying at first since I expected to not feel anything and maybe get some sleep, but it helped me know when I should be pushing and I was still able to push that awesome little button for a little "boost" of the epidural when I needed it.
My OB checked me at noon and I was at a 5cm. About 20 minutes later I knew something was up and the OB came back in and checked again. I was at a 10cm then, so they got everything set up. I started pushing a little after 12:30pm and pushed through 3 or 4 contractions and then Madelynn Rae was born. I had asked for a mirror to be set up so I could watch the progress and it was so amazing to watch her be born. It was a little harder for me to push this time because I could feel a lot of what was going on, as opposed to feeling nothing (and I mean nothing when I gave birth to Jack), but I think that it helped motivate me to push harder. Everything went well and we loved our nurses and our doctor. It was a great experience.
I don't know what it is about the hospital, but part of me really likes to be there. Well, I know what it is. It's the help you get from the nurses and the fact that I could sleep a lot of not have to cook my own food (even if hospital food isn't always the best). I loved all my nurses while I was there and they were all so nice to me and my issues. After countless hours of sitting in my uncomfortable bed watching television and eating hospital food, it was nice to come home. Thanks to everyone who has called or commented to see how we are all doing. We're surviving, although my mother-in-law leaves tomorrow and then I'm on my own so call me in a couple days to make sure I'm still sane!


17 comments:
Congratulations! All babies are beautiful in my eyes, but she REALLY IS beautiful!
She is so cute. I think she looks like your other kids. I can't believe you went from a 5 to a 10 in 20 min! Lucky you! Hope you survive things without your mom-in-law. Call if you need anything, and Jack is welcome to come play anytime-Olivia too but she's in pre-school now isn't she? Anyway, congrats. I'll come visit soon.
she is so cute!!! so much fun. I love being in the hospital too....for like a day, then it gets boring and I want to get back to my own house. That's encouraging that Jack likes the baby so much....i'm hoping Parker warms up to the idea of another little guy in the house. Right now he's #1 and he kinda likes it that way. Keep posting pictures....it's true they change so much the first few months!!! Congrats guys!
She is a gorgeous (and tiny!) baby, although you need to tell her that flashing gang signs isn't okay outside the womb. By the way, Aubrey looks even more chunky than normal next to Madelynn, I hope she doesn't get a complex from that. Cute baby. I'll call you in a few days and walk you through the process of being a mom to three kids without the help of a mother in law. It's a learning process. Good luck!
I link she looks like a little feminine version of Adam. She's adorable! I'm with you on the epidural... I've felt contractions and I would just as soon do without them. I'm glad it all went well! Congratulations!
Yay! She is beautiful. I'm jealous that you went from a 5 to a 10 so quickly. It'll never happen to me.
You look great! And what a beautiful little girl. It is so cute to see her and Aubry next to each other. We love you!
She is so cute and I'm having slight hate issues towards mom and dad who get to see her next month. And she looks so tiny next to Aubrey - and Aubrey looks so big - not that she is or anything, sorry Aubrey. Call me if you need a break. I've been in the three kids club for over a year so I think I can help if you need some :)
Congrats, she is beautiful! I love hearing labor and delivery stories, I don't know why and maybe that's a little weird. Man it sounds like yours wasn't too shabby! By the way you look way good in that picture next to the car seat. Congrats again!!!
Isn't giving birth the most amazing experience? I'm glad all went well for you! And she is just so stinkin' cute! Send Jack over when he needs some boy time! :) We'll have plenty!!
PS. You look hot at 5:30AM!!
I love swapping labor & delivery stories. Each experience is so amazing. I'm so glad everything went well. Madelynn is gorgeous!! And, you are stinkin' hot at 5:30AM!!
That last picture of you about to leave the hospital is great- you look so good in it. I'm glad everything went so quickly! They just keep getting easier huh? Well, I'll have to come over to see the cutie soon, okay? Congrats! I thought of you on the 29th while I was in Washington!
That last picture of you about to leave the hospital is great- you look so good in it. I'm glad everything went so quickly! They just keep getting easier huh? Well, I'll have to come over to see the cutie soon, okay? Congrats! I thought of you on the 29th while I was in Washington!
Congratulations! She is adorable and I am sure you are happy to have here and not in the womb still! I remember you commenting on how long the stage of being pregnant is! You did it though, again! Good job!
I am such a dork! I was just drilling Travis after church yesterday about how the baby was and how you were and if he asked etc...
I didn't even think to check your blog. I guess that just shows how out of blogging I have been for a while now. She is such a doll. We are so happy for you guys. I have some Christmas pjs from last year that I need to give you.for your kids next year.I got to talk to Olivia in CTR class a week ago about her new baby sister and she was so excited, she is such a sweet little girl. I know things have got to be a little crazy right now but just remember to enjoy it and don't forget to ask for help. We would love to have jack and Olivia over for a play date.
Ahhh, the epidural, do they make those for the brain? I don't know what that is supposed to mean. See, you have mindlessness even after 5 months of child #3. Congratulations!!! I felt NOTHING with Mia, pressure and PAIN with Jackson and NOTHING again with Cole. It's very hard to push when you expect NO PAIN! Thankfully the 3rd baby comes without as much effort. I am excited that your Jack loves her. Big sisters are the best!!!
49th comments that's not too bad! haha. I hope you win! You can email her for the knit hats at:
mutzebyashley@hotmail.com. Ashley Sasser Gunson.
http://www.mutzebyashley.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment