Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I'm a survivor
Holy cow, I can't believe 2 weeks has passed since we brought Madelynn home from the hospital. Let me tell you, having three kids is not as easy as I once thought, especially when one of your kids is like three kids in himself, plus the other two, it's almost like I have 5 kids. Madelynn is doing well. She doesn't cry a lot, unless she is hungry or being poked by Jack. At her 2 week appointment, which was really at 9 days, she was 7 lbs 9 oz and they said she was doing really well. She still wakes up every 3 to 4 hours to eat at night and I am absolutely exhausted seeing that I don't really get to take naps very often. I haven't gone anywhere, except the doctor, with all three kids by myself. We'll wait until maybe I've had more sleep to deal with that kind of fiasco. I'm pretty much living each day with the strength of my Diet Dr. Pepper and the stash of Christmas candy from Santa that my kids have forgotten about (yeah, my kids are like that. They also forgot about their Halloween candy). I just wanted to thank every one who has called me or dropped by dinners for my family and gifts for Madelynn. We are definitely blessed by the friends we have here in Cleveland!
Olivia loves to hold Madelynn and have her sleep on her like this. I haven't taken any pictures of Jack with Madelynn simply because when Adam gets home to help me take pictures and watch Jack hold her, I forget all about it. I really should take some for posterity's sake though.
Madelynn at two weeks. She is getting so big even though she is still so tiny. And I love how big her binky is. It takes up like half her face!
I had to add a picture of Jack to prove he is still as cute as ever. He is playing his Backyardigans guitar here, much to Olivia's dismay because she can't hear her Dora show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Good job surviving. It's all about one day at a time and sometimes it's about one hour at a time. Don't rule out the beauty of a movie, sleep on the couch while the kids are watching. Not that I've ever done that. Thinking of you. Miss and love you.
Oh...she's adorable. Glad to hear you're making it okay!
Madelynn is so beautiful. I love the picture of Olivia holding her. Of course Jack is as cute as ever.
I'm so glad you are surviving. Sorry we forgot to send to sleeping aid and a baby sitter with our card, haha. Love you!
She looks so different than last week! She is adorable, and I love love love the picture of her sleeping on Olivia!
Is Olivia a big helper? I am so glad to have Jordyn here to help me with the next baby. Having a girl first is awesome, right? And Madelynn is too cute! There's just something about baby girls--and you guys have such cute kids! Hang in there and wish I could tend your kids so you could get more sleep! In fact, I may just take a nap now!
Keep up the picture posting, she changes every time! I remember the sleep deprived days...oh wait, today is one of those days. You're welcome to take a drive out here and take a nap on my comfy bed =)
She is just beautiful. We have the 3 kids (Ages 2, 1, & 4 months) and it really is a handful. I really enjoy staying home with them but I rarely get any sleep. So I totally understand. My outside adventures came to a halt when we got the third child. I love it though. These kids are a real joy to have around (most of the time LOL!) Hang in there. At least Kelly is not all that far away. I wish I had family closer. Good luck. Keep up the pictures. You have a cute little family.
Congrats Poyfairs! I haven't been on your blog for a little while... and look what I missed! Madelynn is the cutest. Congrats! Sounds like you had a great delivery... and you're surviving... that's great! So, Madelynn and Gunner share a birthday! Looks like you did a lot of the same things leading up to her birth... Farmpark, Kirtland, etc. So glad you had a good Christmas, and good luck in the days to come!!! She is beautiful!
She is so adorable! You pull off three very well I think!
Post a Comment