Madelynn also had two "firsts" on Sunday. She went to church for the first time, where she really slept in her car seat the whole time. Later that night she also had her first real bath. Her cord finally fell off late Friday night so we bathed her in the kitchen sink on Sunday.
Of course there has to be an audience when Madelynn has her first bath.
Contrary to what these pictures show, Madelynn actually liked her bath once she was submerged more. I think she was mad when she was cold but once she was in the warm water she seemed to enjoy it a little more. I love the smell of clean babies!
I actually had one of my "firsts" this weekend too. I made bread for the first time! Yeah, I know what you are thinking, and yes, I'm serious. I have never used yeast before, except in my bread maker, and I decided to buckle down and face my fear of failure. I made my neighbor Rachel's cinnamon rolls (I figured if I was going to make bread for the first time I wanted said bread smothered in frosting). Adam helped out a lot and the rolls turned out so yummy! I am very proud of myself!
So here is the process- the insane amount of flour that Adam got ready for me, the audience that also apparently happens when I make cinnamon rolls (Jack and Olivia really like to eat cinnamon roll dough), Olivia helping me sprinkle the cinnamon mixture, and cutting the rolls with non-mint dental floss. After letting them rise, baking them and frosting them, this is what they looked like:
So yummy! If anyone has had Rachel's cinnamon rolls at ward functions or anything, you know how delicious they are. I feel so domesticated now, learning how to make bread. Next stop? Sewing! Adam is buying me a sewing machine for my birthday... Oh yeah, I had a birthday too a couple weeks ago. We went to Red Robin for my free burger (love this tradition!) and got a statue and frame from my mother and a mini JuJuBe diaper bag from one of my friends (thanks Summer!). Now I also get a sewing machine! Having my birthday a week after having a baby kind of put it on the back burner, but there is always next year, right?


10 comments:
Oh my YUMMMMMM!!! I want some of your cinnamon rolls! I need the recipe, I'd love to try.
I was thinking about you this morning wondering how you were doing. I was going to call you and say hi but I don't have your number. I should get that from Kory.
Lots of great pics in this blog! :) Love ya!
The baby looks like a Poyfair- she is really cute and great bargain find!
Way to be domestic. Those look so yummy. Madelynn is adorable, and yes, that is an extremely cute outfit.
Congratulations to Adam. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with the search. Love you guys.
i'm very impressed with your cinnamon rolls. They look professional for a first-time maker. And, I'm jealous your husband helps you bake!
CONGRATS ADAM!!! (And you) on passing the boards. I'm excited to see what life has store for you guys from here.
Good, now you can sew stuff for me. Thanks in advance!
And the cinnamon rolls look delicious but I'll definately cut the recipe in half since Jeremiah's semi retarded and doesn't eat them.
I LOVE Madelynn's dress, she's looks gorgeous for her first church outing.
Your cinnamon rolls look AWESOME!!! Great job!
First baby baths are so fun! And Madalyn did look adorable (as always) on Sunday! Thanks for letting me hold her on Tuesday! She is too sweet!
That was the cutest outfit on Madelynn! She is so dang cute that in a couple months I will eat her up :) And the cinnamon rolls were delicious - I made the same recipe last night. They were the best I have ever had homemade! And congrats to Adam - thanks for throwing the loaded sweet potato thing in my face. Can we go there in May?? And NO Sarah you don't need to help them search - they are living in Lakewood!! :)
Hey Poyfairs! Adam congratulations on passing boards. Nice to have it over with isn't it?! Next stop regionals and away you go! Last semester of Potts and Dubas, then you learn, they're not as bad as you once thought! Tell Dr Potts and Dr Dubas hello from Brandon. Adam, join the Air Force and do a Prosthodontics residency. . . you'll love it! Let us know what your real plans are.
The cinnamon rolls turned out amazing! Thanks for sharing:) Madelyn is so beautiful. I totally love that little dress and those cute little tights. I am so buying those things for my next baby girl. Oh and congrats Adam!! We knew you could do it!
I know that the cinnamon rolls are ever SO YUMMY. Celeste made them and I gained 3 pounds. You can't eat just one. Oh, I want more. Baby Madelynn is "stinking" cute. She must be a Hjelm. :) Jack is the Poyfair. Right????
Post a Comment