So, off the subject, but my last post was my 100th post. For some people it's a big deal to reach that milestone. I really could care less, but for those of you who care, you can celebrate for me :)
Anyway, we had a fun Labor Day weekend. We started out with the Taste of Cleveland. Honestly, there was a point during the day that I did not think we would actually make it to the Time Warner Amphitheatre where the Taste was being held. We rode the train downtown with the Halls and Monsons and proceeded to ask directions to the amphitheatre. Online it said that it was part of Tower City so we assumed it would be easy to find. We were wrong... and so were the nice people outside the mall, the police man who pointed us in the opposite direction, the people in the restaurant, the other police man who didn't know at all where it was, the utility man and the taxi driver. Apparently no one in Cleveland actually knows anything about Cleveland. Finally we found out that after walking for almost 40 minutes in the baking sun that the amphitheatre was right outside the mall and there were even shuttle busses taking you down to it!
It was worth the fun, though. For $20 you got 16 tickets to "spend" on different things. There were over 30 vendors there and we had fun choosing what we wanted to try. Adam had a gyro, the kids got sliders from White Castle, I got a teriyaki bowl and a spring roll from this awesome place in Golden Gate Plaza (right next to Old Navy so I will totally be hitting them up for some take out!), then we got an eclair, the kids split a cake, and Adam got sushi from the place I got my teriyaki. All for $20! We also let the kids jump around the bouncy castle, bought many bottles of water, and the kids got to meet Dora and Boots. Seriously, Jack was in love. He wouldn't leave her alone and whenever he saw her again he would run to her and just stare and smile at her. The kid is obsessed. It was cute though. And Olivia had to have the chocolate cake. She saw Ben and Molly eating one and was hooked on looks alone, which was fine with me since that meant I got to eat my eclair all by myself. Another cool thing is the Air Show was going on and we got to see a lot of the action from where we were. Jack loved seeing the planes but wasn't too thrilled with the noise they made.


The kids meeting Dora. We had to peel Jack away from her so other kids could get their picture taken with her. Olivia just yelled "Look! It's Dora!" to anyone who was within earshot.

The Blue Angels in one of their formations. I would have taken cooler pictures, but I kept losing them on my camera screen to all I got was blue sky!
Jack definitely enjoyed the cake... or at least the frosting.
We also went to a BBQ at our friend's house with a ton of other people on Monday. My kids are in heaven at their house because they have a ridiculous amount of ride on toys and a slide and anything else you can think of that puts our boring little yard to shame. We then headed to the dental school where we met up with the others in our Couples Fantasy Football League for draft night. We ate some yummy food, brought some ride on toys for the kids to play with, and Adam and I (or Chandler and Monica as we are known in the league) drafted an awesome team. I think the boys need more days off of school. We had lots of fun and it was a downer when Adam had to go back to school.
5 comments:
I love how Jack is totally in love with Dora, like a lifelong dream has come true and he is actually meeting Dora. Sorry you got lost in ghetto Cleveland, at least you finally found your way to the fun and excitement. Go Monica and Chandler, Jeremiah never invites me to do a draft with him =(
What a fun Labor Day. Mine was spent running errands--including Target. And finishing my bathroom. That's right--after 5 years in our house, I finally decorated the Master Bath.
Fun! We went to the Taste of Cleveland last year. We were lazy bums and didn't do anything this year. Maybe next year we'll try it again.
Carissa- With the Tutu I tied on the little ribbons and I sewed on the big ribbon. When I make another one I'm going to pick ribbons that stand out instead of blend in. Also gather your 40% coupons from Joann's, it will cut the cost way down. And make sure the waistband in no roll waistband. Good luck, call if you have questions!
Haha! Your post made me laugh. I love that nobody knows where anything is. I would have paid money to see your face when you found out where it finally was. Anyway, the Taste sounds SO good and I'm starving. Thanks.
Post a Comment