For those of you who don't know, Onaway's pre-k program is for kids with special needs and then they add children as "typical peers" into the program. Olivia was screened as a typical peer a couple of weeks ago. I felt like she was auditioning for something and kept telling her before she went into the classroom full of people with clipboards that she had to share and be nice to the other kids. She got into the morning class with an awesome teacher and is gone from Monday through Thursday mornings. Jack was very upset when she left and seems to not know what to do with himself when she's gone.
Olivia loves her class and is so excited to go every day. She loves playing on the play ground, eating snack, playing in the "centers" (like blocks, dramatic play, art, etc) and the fun things they color and glue and paint. Last week she came home with paint on her dress every day, but she had fun and it was washable. She also got to pick out a new backpack because every day her teacher sends home a folder with stuff they made that day as well as things for me to sign or be aware of (like picture day being the second day of school!) and her mini backpack wasn't cutting it. Her new backpack is Disney Princess (of course) and is almost as big as she is- seriously, it goes from her neck to her knees! While she's at school, Jack gets free reign of her room and all the toys, which he loves, but as soon as she gets dropped off he cries and points to her carseat and gets as giddy as a kid in a candy shop when we pick her up. Oh, and Olivia was one of the few kids who didn't cry when I dropped her off (in fact, she kept telling me to leave), but was the only one who cried when I picked her up because she didn't want to go home. She was fine after I told her that she gets to come back to school pretty much every day of her life, and I really hope this "I love school" attitude continues through high school!

8 comments:
What a cutie! How often does she go? What a social butterfly!
Cute Jack! I love that he misses her soo much. Carter is getting that way too. Olivia is so brave. A new school and new friends! I thought it was so funny how stressed you got about her screening as if Olivia of all kids wouldn't get accepted. She's adorable!
Good for her! I'm so glad she was accepted as a "regular peer"! Funny. Sounds like a great school! I'm glad she likes it so much.
Poor Jack, that's so sweet that he misses his sister!
That is so cute that she loves school and cried opposite of everyone else! And way to coach her to be normal - we all know that as a girl with Adam blood running through her she is not "normal" at all :)
I'm glad she loves her preschool. And poor Jack, he will get used to her being gone and realize how fun it is to have free reign of her toys. Roman loves the one on one attention he gets, but he still asks for Hayden every once in awhile. Glad to hear the first week went so well.
Adam, I found your blog via your sister. You have some really cute kids. Happy 29th birthday, mine is coming soon. Where is dental school? we just had our third, living in PG, UT. Pretty fun to catch up with you guys.
oh what fun for her! i'm sure she will just love it tons! rebecca loved school when i started her at CMSS...reading about olvia going to onaway makes me wish i was there...and your description of fall. i miss cleveland in the fall...sniff sniff...i hope you are doing well!
Wow--She is getting to look more and more like you Carissa! I love the haircut. Preschool sounds fun too. Madi is excited about starting this next week!
Post a Comment