Just a quick HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to my dad. He had his birthday today and when I called him this morning, all he wanted was to hear Olivia sing "Happy Birthday" to him, which she giggled through like it was so funny. Anyway, my dad has always been my "constant" (for all you Lost fans) and he is always full of great advice and stories. When ever I have a problem or if I have to give a talk in church, he is one of the first people I call for help. I could listen to him speak in public forever. He's amazing. He has built his remodeling company from the ground up and is the most awesome home remodeler. I've decided he's building my house when I have the money to pay him! He's also a great cook, and he loves to make up his own BBQ marinades and take recipes and change them up a bit to his liking. I always get emails from him with a new recipe he's tried and wanted to share. My father is very passionate about a lot of things, but mostly his family and the gospel.
My kids love their Papa. If I am on the phone with my mom or my dad, Olivia has to talk to them. She likes to pretend to talk to them on her play phones too. My dad is an awesome Papa to his grandkids and is obviously smitten by them all. Even when he has absolutely no time to come for a visit out here, he and my mother make time (well, my kids are so cute that they can't stand not to see them!)
Here's to you, Dad. Happy Birthday

My Dad snuggling with Olivia when she was sick at their house in summer 2006.

The grandkids (here is Rix and Olivia) love it when Papa reads to them all, which is all the time when we visit.

My parents came out for Jack's blessing (Jack was overjoyed, as you can tell). This is a typical picture of my dad. He is always trying to talk when we take his picture, so most of the time he isn't smiling, he's talking.

Now this is a picture of trust, for both Olivia and I. She is seated over the railing of a ferry boat on the way to Orcas Island last summer. And yes, if she fell, she would go straight into the water.

I love this picture of Jack and my dad. For one, Jack is actually keeping the sunglasses on (he also doesn't want to drop his bottle), and my dad always wears sunglasses. You can see him holding them in his hand in my sister Kelli's wedding photos (the ones at the temple!).

Hayden and Olivia waiting with Papa while Rix sits with Santa last Christmas. My dad was enthralled with Santa as much as the kids were.
5 comments:
What cute pics, I love the one where Olivia is sleeping on him. So sweet! He sounds like a great dad! My dad was holding sunglasses during the pictures outside of the temple at our wedding too, he even tried to wear them in a couple, but the photographer wouldn't have it. That's funny. Happy Birthday Carissa's Dad!!
I think we should trade- you take my dad, and I'll take yours. Wait... that wouldn't be fair... to YOU! What a nice birthday post. I'm going to sit here and be jealous.
You have dad down to a "T" (althought I'm not really sure what that means) except you forgot to mention his road rage. A post about dad with no mention of road rage??? Anyway, I love your picture captions. They made me laugh. And tell Rachel I'm afraid to try her bread recipe - it sounds very exact and complicated! But I'll let you know how it goes.
Happy birthday, Rick!
Great shout out to Dad. I might have thought of something had I been around a computer, but you said it all. Of course he just worked on his bday, didn't do anything special!
Post a Comment