Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hanging out with the cousins (well, some of them)

My sister Kelli came into town from Toledo last Sunday. She was leaving for Utah out of Cleveland and came a few days early to hang out. Let me tell you how chaotic my house is with 4 kids all three years old and under, as well as 3 adults. I attempted to clean my house before she came, but then realized that within 10 minutes it would be a disaster again so I gave up cleaning before I even really started. And my brother comes with his girlfriend in a few days, so I've kind of put off cleaning still, even though Kelli left 3 days ago. Anyway, just don't come to my house in the next few days so you can't see how messy I've become!

We had a lot of fun with Kelli and her boys, Hayden and Roman. Hayden and Olivia are only 2 months apart and get along okay, although they know how to push each other's buttons and fight as much as they get along. Jack thinks Roman is a toy and liked to climb on him and wrestle with him, although Roman didn't like it at all. Roman just liked to steal Jack's binkys and Jack didn't like that at all either. You can imagine how many fights we had to break up.


The kids obviously needed to get out of the house (and not to Target, like we had done the day before), so we packed a picnic and went to the park. The kids had a blast, didn't eat any of their lunch, and got some fresh air. And (drum roll please) they got along! Maybe a small apartment and 4 kids and 3 adults don't do good things for kids' moods. Kelli gets back on May 7 and then we are going for the weekend to Toledo (IKEA in Detroit, here I come!).

Hayden giving me a big cheesy grin. Olivia actually stopped long enough to smile for me. She loves going to the park and I can bribe her to do pretty much anything as long as she gets to go play at the park.
Roman's cute little smile. He liked the big huge pile of wood chips more than the slides. Actually, all the kids liked that pile of wood chips (they really needed to just spread them around, Jack practically somersaulted down the pile at least three times).

Here is Olivia trying to teach Jack how to jump down the pile. Every time I saw Jack he had more wood chips on him- in his diaper, his shoe, his nose...

Jack looks hotter than he actually was (although he downed his own apple juice box and then proceeded to attack the other kids' juice boxes). I put sunscreen in his hair because his poor little scalp would have burned. The kid got his mother's skin tone (sorry babe!).

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute pics! I love how Jack's face gets all red when he plays outside. It matches his hair:)

Marilyn said...

Carissa,
That top picture does not look comfortable! lol! Cute pictures! It looks like your kids are having a lot of fun!

Kelli said...

Thanks for housing us for a few days. We had fun and it was nice to have an adult around to talk to! We'll see you in a week and a half!

Elise said...

That picture of Jack pancaking Roman is the story of my life! Fun cousin visit! I think it's always fun to have visitors...even if the kids are crazy!

Celeste Pearson said...

I am so jealous. How fun for you - even though I don't envy having all those kids in my house! Keep looking for cheap flights for me - and maybe you could sell candy bars door to door to raise money for my plane ticket?? Just a thought.

Stina said...

I would be so jealous if I wasn't going to the zoo with Kelli tomorrow. I'll be sure to brag up my time with her too! :) When are you coming back to Utah?? :) I love the moving to Colorado idea.

Destiny Rayburn said...

Ok Mrs. Worry, I'm commenting! LOL! J/K... seriously though, I'm so busy I just scan through everyones blogs and call it good... I'm glad you were thinking of me though and I'll make sure you know I'm still alive every now and again. LOVE YA!