Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Please don't take my sunshine away!

After all the teasing that Cleveland weather has been doing to us, I am almost confident that spring is finally here. You know what that means? Summer is close too! The weather the past couple days has been so beautiful, and even though rain is in the weekend forecast, that can't dampen my spirits. I'm from the Seattle area, so bring on the rain (okay, not really) but no more snow!

I just had to post how happy I am about the weather. Olivia got to go to two parks today and my kids had a blast with Rachel and her kids. We packed a lunch and headed over to the park on Overlook and Kenilworth (we call it the Case Playground) and it was so nice! Not only are we finally getting out of the house sans jackets and snow gear, but maybe my pasty white skin will get a little color (as in tan, not burn). Please stay sunny and warm! I hope I didn't just jinx us all...

As a side note, I would have loved to take pictures but someone (ahem... Adam) still has the camera. Maybe next time (like tomorrow!)

8 comments:

Kelli said...

I know! I'm loving this weather. Hayden and Roman are really excited to wear their "summer day" clothes, and I'm excited that I can go outside without regretting it. Let's just enjoy it until the humidity creeps in =)

Stina said...

It snowed the other day here too. What's the deal? And, I agree with you--being a single mom would be so so hard! I was sick yesterday and it was so nice to have Brent help in the morning and when he came home. What would we do without our amazing husbands??

Celeste Pearson said...

I need the summer! I am so tired of cold and windy and rain! My poor hair looks so terrible after dragging three kids, my purse, and a diaper bag into the grocery store after it's been raining! We should all move to Hawaii!

Elise said...

Hooray for the sun! We're all sunburnt here but I don't even care, IT'S FINALLY SUNNY!

Rachel said...

At least you remembered your camera today, I totally spaced it both days!! Well it was definitely sunny today, seriously I was burning up, thank goodness for Elyse's sunscreen!

Lane family said...

Amen! I'm glad to see you didn't jinx us. I'll take the rain over the snow any day! I'm loving not bundling up my kids. I swear that takes up more time than the actual outing.

Summer said...

I am LOVING this weather! I almost forget we are in Cleveland! Ü We'll have to plan a park date one of these days!

Kristin said...

I agree! We are absolutely loving this weather! Hopefully it sticks around!!