My kids are attached to a lovey each, and both of them chose blankets for their little security objects. Olivia, actually, is on her third "lovey" since she has ruined her first two. The first was a crocheted blanket that I slaved over (okay, not really) before she was born. She ended up chewing on it and finally, when she was about 2, she chewed a hole in it and made it unravel. I was a little sad, but a little glad since it was pretty big to carry around all over town. She attached herself to a smaller blankie that my mother-in-law had made for her when she was born. It was hot pink fuzzy on one side and white satin on the other. She's had this one since today, when I finally buckled down and made her a new one just like my mother-in-law's blanket, but not as nicely sewn since I am not a seamstress by any means.
Here she is with her first lovey, which actually lasted much longer than I thought it would. This is at Christmas 2006, and the blanket is the awesome striped thing on her lap.Jack, on the other hand, has three loveys. We bought a three-pack of flannel blankets to wrap him in as a newborn, and he will take any of these blankets as a comfort object. He is rarely seen without it and drags one everywhere he goes, from the grocery store to church. Last week he even insisted on bringing one outside, where he dragged it through the water the kids were playing in, and then through the dirt. Nice huh?
However, when Jack goes to sleep, he has to have this fuzzy blanket under his head, a binky, one of his blankets, and a doll... let me show you:
No, not this one...

Or this one...
Or even this one...
He wants this specific pink baby doll. He gets so excited when he sees her in his crib and just holds her close like this!

He was so cute the other night. I went in to check on him and he woke up a little, saw his doll, giggled and grabbed her and went back to sleep. And yes, he's smiling for the picture while half asleep. He's a little giggly when he's in that half awake/half asleep stage.


8 comments:
Oh man that is so cute and so funny! I LOVE that he loves that baby so much! So awesome that you caught that smile/moment with him half asleep! He is a cute kid...I'm loving the DP picture, too.:)
That is so funny. How does Adam feel about the baby doll lovey? I can't imagine Nathan accepting that... :)
At least he is going to be a great daddy. The pictures are really cute.
Jack is so stinkin cute in that last picture smiling while half asleep. I love that he has a little doll. He is just learning so much from Olivia:) I am a little sad you didn't put your beautiful new blanket on the blog. You should be proud, it turned out great! Did Olivia like it?
That is AWESOME! I love that he has chosen a pink baby - and giggles when he sees it. So cute!!
HaHaHA! That's too funy and too cute! It takes a secure man to sleep with a little pink baby doll!
Oh I love that kid. His bed is so cute! I love that last picture of him smiling through his binky... it is SO Jack!
I love that smile! Thanks for your help yesterday. You're the best!
Post a Comment