Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Some info on the least blogged about member of our family...

Anyone notice that my blog is all about my kids? I think I've posted about Adam maybe once or twice, and a couple times other than that but only because he was with my kids. I've blogged about myself several times, but all in all, this is the Olivia and Jack show. Love it or hate it, that's what my blog is all about (but, just out of curiousity, if you do hate it, why are you reading this?). Anyway, I've seen this cute little get to know your husband thing on some other's blogs and decided it was high time that Adam made his official debut into the blogging world. Maybe next time I can actually talk him into blogging something funny (because you all know that they only thing he will blog will be a funny YouTube show or something). Here you go!

What is your husbands name? Adam Livingston Poyfair

How long did you date? We dated 5 months until we were engaged, then 4 months of that.

How old is he? 28, he turns 29 on August 28.

Who eats more? Adam definitely does. Although if you count all my candy in there, it may be a pretty close call.

Who said "I love you" first? Adam did. He told me it in Albanian, so I didn't know what it meant until later when he had the guts to say it in my own language.

Who's taller? Adam is. I'm a shorty, although he is kind of short for a guy.

Who can sing better? Me, although he can sing in different accents (like Irish, English, etc) and has an awesome Mormon Tabernacle Choir voice that makes me laugh.

Who is smarter? Honestly, Adam is. He knows way more about history, politics, science, and he's in dental school. I'm smart when it comes to English and social science and all. So I guess he would win Jeopardy and I would win Wheel of Fortune.

Who does the laundry? We team up on this usually. He puts it in the washer and dryer and I fold and put away. Sometimes I do it all, depending on how much energy I have.
Who pays the bills? I do. I keep the checkbook balanced and pay all the bills. I tried having Adam do all that before, but he didn't it and I didn't like not having control of it all anyway.

Who sleeps on the right side? If you are facing the bed at the foot then it would be me on the right. I am always on the side closest to the door in case the kids wake up.

Who mows the lawn? The landlord does (yippee!). My dad never let us mow his lawn since he had a specific way to do it. Adam can mow a lawn, though, he just doesn't since that is what the landlord does.

Who cooks dinner? I do. Adam can, but he is at school all day so I always cook. He made a mean lasagna the other night and it was delicious. And I love his fried eggs!
Who drives? Adam does. If we switch, Olivia gets really upset and says "That's Daddy's seat!"

Who is more stubborn? Oh, definitely me. He is way too sweet to be stubborn, so he usually lets me be right, although he makes it clean that I probably am not.

Who kissed who first? Adam did. We were watching TV in my apartment and weren't even dating or anything, just hanging out, and he suddenly just kissed me. Not that I minded, since I had a crush on him anyway.

Who asked who out first? Well, we were set up on a date by my friend, Stina, and my sisters for a dance at BYU, but he actually asked me out on a real date to the movies. So technically, my friend and sisters asked us out first, but if it was between me and him, it would be him that asked first. Needless to say, it was as friends. He ended up kissing me a couple weeks later.
Who proposed? Adam did, at the Tree Room restaurant at Sundance. It was romantic and really expensive. Robert Redford was sitting next to us! We went on a walk afterwards and he gave me a card that read "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" and when I looked up he was on his knees. It was cute.

Who has more friends? We both have enough friends. Who cares who has more?

Who is more sensitive? I am. Adam lets things slide right off and doesn't get his feelings hurt very often at all. I always think someone is mad at me or that I've offended someone. I'm much better than I was when I was younger, but I am still really sensitive.

Who has more siblings? Adam is the second to youngest of 8. I only have 3 siblings.

Who wears the pants? What kind of question is this? We work as a team. Some things I take care of and some things he takes care of, and then there are things we both work on.

Okay, so here are some more fun facts about Adam:

* He talks and sings in his sleep. We used to have cockatiels and he would "talk" to them while he was sleeping because he thought they were in the room. He's sung the circus theme song. He's yelled in Albanian. He's even played Halo in his sleep (like hiding behind his pillow and pretending to shoot people, namely me).

* He can sing almost any song word by word. He knows songs I've never heard of.

* On that note, he memorizes movie and television show lines. And not just lines, he has complete scenes memorized and uses them in daily conversations. It's hilarious.

* He loves shrimp, ribs, steak... okay, so he's a meat guy.

* Adam does not like chocolate. Or cauliflower.

* He served his mission in Albania. That is north of Greece and borders the Adriatic sea.

* Adam loves 24, Lost, The Office and 30 Rock. He thinks Arrested Development is the best show ever made.

* His favorite movie is Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (He says "Hil-ar-ee-us!") I have actually seen it too and admit, it's pretty darn funny, and I don't usually agree with his movies. He also likes The Prestige and Tombstone.

11 comments:

Seriously... said...

We love Adam. You forgot to mention that he and Dustin are currently dating.

Janelle said...

I was really confused for a minute there -- I thought that you wrote that you guys used to have cocktails, and he talked to them in his sleep. Then I re-read more carefully. Oh, birds. Okay.

Lane family said...

We get to hear "Adam stories" from Elle- SO FUNNY! She's totally entertained by him.

Stina said...

That was such a fun night at the HFAC Ball. I actually took Jordyn to a ballet at the HFAC and walked right past that entrance on the upstairs we were all dancing. I told her this is where it all began--for you and I and our men at least. And, I have to admit, I'm a BIG Adam fan. We always miss you guys when we're doing karaoke or any time we pass the Macaroni Grill--and much more than that. Tell Adam I heard the Utah dental market is slowing and they're in desperate need for more dentists!!

Celeste Pearson said...

So call me a bad sister but I totally didn't know your engagement story! And I have to admit, movies are way funnier to me when I watch them when Adam. We miss you guys!! Oh, and another talking in his sleep moment - "Thanks for the Hi-C Breakfast!!!"

Sarah Anne said...

This was so great. I miss you guys a ton! Adam is the best and I love that guy. Ask him to tell you the story behind the song, "I will always love yooooouuuu."
I'm so glad you survived childhood Adam. I was ruthless, but you were always an excellent sport. I hope to eventually live by you guys. Wouldn't that be so fun?

Rachel said...

You guys are awesome. We love Adam. He is constantly entertaining. You forgot to mention that he is a great dad and babysitter:) I guess we can let it slide that he doesn't like chocolate. I would pay to see him playing halo in his sleep and trying to shoot you. That is hilarious. I told you those violent video games weren't good Adam!

Kelli said...

I love the stories of Adam talking in his sleep..."Thank you for the Hi-C Breakfast!!!" Haha. And of course anytime he says something funny my first question is "So what movie is that from?"

wirigendo said...

What a sweetheart!!! Adam is the most intelligent, strong, proud man that I have ever known. He is loyal as the day is long, and there is nobody better that I would want by my side in battle than Adam Poyfair. He is gentle but firm, a wonder with children, a master in the dental chair, and an angel to those in need. He would sooner give the shirt off his back than see somebody go without. Although the women (and sokme men)love him and are incredibly attracted to him, he ultimately stays loyal to his family. Oh Adam, what would the world be like without you. I don't wnat to know!!!

Carrie Anne said...

What a fun post about Adam! You and he are super cool I hope you know! I know Rebecca misses him being her primary teacher...she mentions him every so often which I love!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

That's a cute engagement story! My brother digs Albanian chicks. Adam seems like he would make a great bro-friend , you know for a nice little bro-mance, for my husband, but I hear he's already taken. Adam that is. :)