Thursday, February 7, 2008

Olivia's Dance Class

Olivia is in her first dance class at Thornton Park. It's called "Ballet Fairy Tales" although I haven't quite figured out where fairy tales fit in yet. She wears a leotard and ballet shoes that make her look like a duck (they are really big on her!) and she loves it. She asks all week if it's dance class day and is sad when I tell her that it isn't. I watch her through the window while she learns the different ballet positions (and the immediately forgets them). The teacher has them jump over little stuffed animals and land in a certain position. Olivia just likes to jump over the animals. And in Olivia-type fashion, she says to me "I'm dancing just like 12 Dancing Princesses!" Leave it to her to liken everything to a Barbie movie.
Rylynn, Olivia and Avery after their first dance class. We will definitely be taking more classes. She loves dancing, especially ballet!

5 comments:

Stina said...

I love girls! I'm so glad you put Olivia in a dance class--I still can't get over how cute all those pink/purple girls are in their leotards just dancing their hearts out. Will she do a recital?

Celeste Pearson said...

Aaaaah! I want a girl! She is so cute in her leotard so you will have to post more pictures!!!

Kelli said...

Oh please let my baby be a girl! I think Jage would kill me if I put Hayden in a dance class, but how else do I get it out of my system?! She looks adorable, you need to video her dancing and post that, too. Too cute!

Rachel said...

Let's hope this week goes a little better as far as Rylynn participation! I love those pictures. I've been wondering about the fairy tales part too. What is that all about?

Recipe Swagger said...

You have a beautiful family! I really enjoyed seeing what you have been up to.