Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Love...

In honor of Valentine's Day, here are a few things that I love (starting with the most obvious):

Adam, Jack and Olivia (how many of you thought I'd put Diet Dr. Pepper first? haha)- honestly, my world would be incomplete with out them. Adam sacrifices so much to ensure that our family will be taken care of in the future. He makes me laugh when I've had a tough day, and he doesn't complain (usually) when he has to bathe the kids, get up with the early or in the middle of the night, and lets me sleep in on weekends. My kids are my life and my joy. They make every day an adventure (what else would you call cleaning up an entire bag of smooshed Doritoes from the kitchen floor?)

Diet Dr. Pepper- I don't need a reason. It just rocks.

Chewy Sprees, Swedish Fish, Red Vines- a few a day keeps me sane

Tivo- so I can watch a ridiculous amount of television at my own time and pace. And no commercials.

My sisters and brother- because who else would I complain to, cry with, and share my life with?

My parents- because they gave me so much when I thanked them so little. They really put up with too much from me when I was a teenager (and an adult!)

Going out to dinner- hello? No dishes! And on that note, I love date night (thanks fellow date group members!)

Cooking and baking- I may not be a pro but I really love this. One day I'll go to cooking school. First, though, I'll take a cake decorating class. Exciting, huh?

Singing- again, even if I am not a pro, it helps me feel better when I am blue, and I enjoy performing even when my knees are shaking from nerves. It really is a rush.

Target- I go 2-3 times a week and sometimes forget something on purpose so I have a reason to go back. And Old Navy. My kids are Target and Old Navy walking adsvertisements!

My friends- especially those that love me despite my faults and problems. Thanks.


Wearing black- I stole this from my sister's list on her site, but it's true. I automatically buy black anything, from summer clothes to winter. I don't know why. I just do.


Friends, Lost, Cold Case, Prison Break, 24, The Office, 30 Rock, Arrested Development (best show ever made), Grey's Anatomy, Cashmere Mafia, Desperate Housewives, House, Bones, American Idol, ER, Ghost Whisperer, Women's Murder Club, etc.- do you see a trend? I love TV. Judge me all you want, I'll never back down!


Reading- Honestly I would rather read than watch TV. Nothing makes me happier than cuddling up in my big green couch and reading a book.


Dark chocolate- my mouth is watering. Too bad my husband loathes dark chocolate, or maybe that's a good thing. More for me.


Watching movies- my favorite part sometimes (well, most the time) is the previews beforehand.

Red Robin, California Pizza Kitchen, PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Rumbi's, and RJ's (that delicious little BBQ place in Kirtland)- I just love them all.

My kids' laughter- Okay, Olivia's fake laugh can grind my nerves a little sometimes, but when the two of them are actually getting along and just laughing at each other it makes me giddy.

Country music- what can I say, I love the twang! George, Reba, Carrie, Kenny, Tim, Faith, Toby, all of them.

Blogging- isn't it obvious?

I'm sure there are more, but I love so much that it's impossible to remember them all or even write them all down. And each day brings new things that I learn that I love. Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

8 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

That's a really cool blog post! I love that you love TV and are not afraid to admit it!:) And I love that you love Dr. Pepper so much! Wahoo!
You are a superstar for being able to do so much with one arm! Good luck! I hope today went better!

Kelli said...

I am judging you on your enormous amount of tv watching...holy cow Carissa, do you like squeeze extra hours in the day just to watch it all?! And your candy list is nasty, I hate fruity candy, but as I type this I am chugging down my daily Diet DP. I think my baby likes it, that must be why I drink it =)

Megan said...

I noticed that I love many of the same things as you do. I love restaurants and TV too much!!!

Seriously... said...

Ok....i'm LOVING the lost in love song by sheriff. It took me back. WAYYYY back. so fun.

Destiny Rayburn said...

heehee i'm glad you and kelli don't live by me anymore, i'd probably be addicted to diet dp too! or maybe i could get you guys addicted to herbal tea... hmmm.

Stina said...

I love this list! And, Twissa--I love you!!! (aaawwww)

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

I love DDP too!

Rachel said...

Cute post! I love a lot of the same things you do, hey imagine that, we should be friends or something:)