Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

This Halloween was a lot of fun for us. Olivia went to a Halloween party for her music class, preschool, and at church. This year we also went trick or treating for the first time. It was almost like a rite of passage for me, something that I was overly proud of her for doing. Olivia was the cutest little witch on the block, and Jack was the most adorable pumpkin ever. Olivia was so excited to be a witch this year, and she also thinks that we can go trick or treating every night now. She got to wear makeup too, and had a lot of fun "helping" me put on purple eye shadow, mascara, blush and lipstick. After her bath that night, she had black rings around her eyes from the mascara!

Olivia trick or treated the neighborhood with her friends Jaxson, Emma, and Rylynn. Thanks Mom for the witch costume!Jack had it easy. He sat back, relaxed, and ate his sucker while Adam pushed him around. Isn't he the cutest "Jack" O Lantern ever?! Oh, and those are Olivia's size 2T pants he is wearing. They are a little long, but mostly fit. I'm just glad the pumpkin covers the bow at the top of the pants :)Olivia loved her costume. She had to have her "magic wand" too, although I'm not sure how many witches have wands. Anyway, she was way cute. She called herself a "happy witch, not a mean witch."So I forgot to get pictures of the kids together, but I don't know why I thought that the end of the night would be good timing for Jack, who was way past his bedtime. You can tell he has definitely had enough! I still think it's a cute picture.

Anyway, the kids lasted about an hour. It was fun to see Olivia get candy. She would walk up and say trick or treat really quiet, which was fine since every other kid said it loud enough for them all, and then say thank you and come back to Adam and I. She wasn't quite sure what to think of all the people dressed up, and was a little weirded out by the scary masks. Jack just ate a sucker the whole night. He was warm in his huge pumpkin and I think if we would have given him time, he would have just fallen asleep.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

What cute costumes! I thought you said Olivia was going to be a pumpkin fairy, so the witch was unexpected, but at least she was a good witch. Hayden is obsessed with "good guys" and "bad guys" and has to label anything and anyone that way. We'll totally bring candy to share, I'd love to see your kids with sugar pumping through their veins =)

Miriam said...

Such a cute blog. You are so you on it and I love it. I love the picture of Jack in the stroller. He is the cutest pumpkin ever!

Megan said...

I love that last picture when Jack is screaming. It must be tough for a little guy to be pushed around all night while eating a sucker!! :) Sometimes, I wish I was a baby.