Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Weekly Update

We've been pretty exciting this past week. And when I say exciting, I mean we really haven't had a day with nothing going on, except today which I used to clean the house a little. Not exciting like we had a lot of fun or anything. Well, we had fun, just not Disneyland fun. More like we-got-to-eat-lunch-at-Costco fun. Am I confusing you? The last seven days have consisted of preschool, airport runs, Target (of course), grocery shopping, Costco, licensing the minivan, and flu shots among others. Oh, and Jack got his first- and probably not his last- black eye.

He basically got into a fight with the bath tub, and subsequently lost. Really, though, he just likes to stand up in the bath tub and then land really hard on his bum, creating quite a splash. Olivia taught him this and I'm pretty sure now that he thinks that is what a "bath" is- splashing as much water as possible out of the tub and onto the floor and me. The first picture is the day after he fell. The second picture is a few days later. It's now been over a week and he still has a little purple mark on his eye. I did, however, get some looks in church on Sunday which made me feel bad enough to try and justify the black eye, and I even got some "Is that a black eye" comments that made me feel a little defensive. Maybe it's the social worker coming out in me- it's made me a little paranoid and maybe a little judgemental at times too. Anyway, that is how Jack got his black eye. We learned our lesson and bought a non-slip mat for the tub.

Olivia likes to draw things and then say "Now let's go take a picture!" and she will stand in the same place every time: on the side of the ottoman with the picture on top of the ottoman. It's funny, but I have a lot of pictures that look the same with the exception of what Olivia is wearing. Her drawings usually look similar too, but the following picture is her drawing of Jack.

Sorry about the laundry in the background. It is one of those things that takes me a few days to get folded, you know? By the way, I love Olivia in red. I think it brings out her complexion.And can you believe how long her hair is? It wasn't even to her shoulders last Christmas. Almost to her shoulders, but not quite.

Today I'm feeling blue. I don't know why but lately I'm feeling a little pessimistic and annoyed and out of the loop of things around here. I am sure the fact that the holidays are around the corner has a lot to do with it. I love this time of year- it's my fave. I love the smells of the holiday and the rushing around at the mall. I hate the stress and the long plane rides for traveling and the constant chaos. But there are other "stuff" and hopefully things work out soon.

7 comments:

Destiny Rayburn said...

you're kids are super cute. i hope you stop feeling blue! it's shays favorite color and i don't want him to think you are feeling it just to be on "good terms" with him. LOVE YA!

Kelli said...

What "stuff" is making you blue? Do tell. Maybe on the phone, not your blog. I'm so jealous of Olivia's drawings. You better save some of them for a scrapbook or something.

Rachel said...

I agree that Olivia looks good in red! She is so cute. Don't feel blue, you have an awesome neighbor, what more could you want:)

Celeste Pearson said...

I can't believe that Livvy draws so well! And Jack's poor little eye makes me sad - what a mean little bath tub! Anyway, call me if you want to dish on the "stuff" - I get bored and would love to know what I can do!

Miriam said...

Nice black eye Jack! Hannah keeps getting this huge goose-egg on her head. It's like a bruise on a bruise because she falls in the same spot every time. I said something to my mom about people thinking I beat her and she said if you did you wouldn't do it where people could see it! So, don't feel bad. People know kids have accidents! Olivia's hair is so long. It's been too long since we've hung out so call me!

Megan said...

That is crazy that Jack got a little black eye. He looks adorable even with a black eye! I hope you don't have any "visitors" show up and start asking you about your disciplining. :) If they do, have them call me at DCFS and I will set them straight!

B-Hams said...

The black eye is a nice look for a boy, it means he's tough right? I can't belive how long Olivias hair is getting, she is so cute!