On Tuesdays, Adam works in the simulation clinic until 7pm, so I usually do dinner on my own and the bathe the kids and have them ready for bed by the time he is home- let's just say those are LONG days. Those are also days that I say to myself, Self, Why are you cooking dinner for you and two kids who won't actually eat it? So Tuesdays has turned into no or little cooking day. As you can see, one night we had french toast. I figured they can get as sticky as they want since they get thrown in the bath afterward anyway. And it's something both of my kids will actually eat and I don't have to bribe them at all to eat it. Don't let the milk in front of Jack fool you, though. It stayed undrank (is that a word?) the whole dinner.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
My Random Post
Sometimes my kids just take cute pictures or do cute things, but I don't always get to blog about them. They are doing really well, as if you couldn't tell!

To say Olivia is obsessed with letters in an understatement. She loves them. In fact, at Miss Jenn (Lamborn)'s preschool, she's started writing her name. She can spell her name out loud, but not on paper (doing two things at once is an issue here) so Jenn will tell her what letter to write and she'll spell out her name. I know it looks like a V and then a U in her name, but the V is Jenn showing Olivia a V, then Olivia tried it on her own and it turned out like a U. But it's a valiant first effort. Olivia also draws "ghosts"- no, not from the video that I was mean enough to show her, but these ones have arms and legs and eyes and all. Cool huh?
Last but not least, I love this picture. Here's why: This is the smile Jack gets on his face whenever I pull out the camera. He is already camera trained at 13 months. I hope potty training comes just as easy. Second, he has no pants on. He rarely does at home. He sleeps better without them pushing into his cute little belly and he hates me putting them on after naps or changing his diaper. Plus, at the dinner table, I like to create the least amount of laundry possible and he drops and spills everything. Usually he's in only a diaper. Third, his leg is on the table. He sits like this a lot, like at the table or in his stroller, just like me. I always sit with one leg up on the couch or seat when I'm relaxing. Fourth, he's holding a Diet Dr. Pepper, which is actually empty, but he honestly loves the stuff. He is a real Poyfair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I was sort of hoping for a picture of your NEWEST family addition but I suppose I can wait a few more days =) I'm still jealous that Olivia spells her name and her drawings include arms and legs. We can't get Hayden to sit still long enough to do any of that. And Roman has that whole leg-upage thing going on to. Your kids are so cute. Oh, and there's a typo in your blog, let's see if you can spot it!!!
Okay, what is the newest family addition?? Am I missing something here? I love love the pictures and your happy family. And I love that you talk to yourself too (although I think you could be creative and come up with a real name like Helga or Olga or something). And finally, have you had Olivia play http://www.starfall.com/--it's a fun way to learn letters. Jordyn and Austin think it's the greatest. Hello learning!
Okay- before Kelli starts a rumor- the newest member of our family is a car! Not a baby! We bought a 2003 Honda Odyssey, which I will blog about when I take pictures!
Carissa - tell the truth about your new addition - it's a baby, right? Just kidding!! Anyways, I'm a little green with envy that Olivia writes letters AND draws things that are recognizable. And Jack is so adorable! I love that his belly is so chunky that he refuses to wear pants. You need to get him some "eatin' pants"! Can't wait to see you in like 5 weeks!!!
Love it! (the DDP and Jack holding it)
I'm glad you guys had a good Halloween, Olivia and Jack look so cute! I'm excited to see the new car post!
Post a Comment