Monday, April 29, 2013

Turkey Day!!

My parents were out of town for Thanksgiving, leaving Celeste and I to make an entire feast on our own. It was slightly stressful, since we're used to my mother's double oven, but we got it all done and it was super yummy! We made an herb and garlic butter to rub under the turkey skin (and the rest was rubbed on top). The cavity was rubbed with the butter, salt and pepper, and then stuffed full of carrots, onions and apples. It was seriously amazing.

The kiddos played a lot of Wii and Kinect, which was fine by me since it kept them occupied while we slaved in the kitchen (and by "we" I mean Celeste and I... the boys watched football).


Perfect turkey!

The kids table, Bryce, Maddy, Jack and Cole.

Madelynn

Jack

Olivia and Rix

Every year Olivia gets a turkey leg. I don't know why. I guess because the other kids don't want it. She usually only eats a few bites anyway and then Adam finishes it off. It gets it's own plate too because it's always so big!

Celeste and I had a great time shopping the Black Friday sales until midnight, then we slept in on Friday :) There wasn't as many great sales this time, but we always have a little crazy fun and always wish we had some hot chocolate to warm ourselves up! Maybe next year...

This year we are thankful for:

Our family
Our faith
Our jobs, both Adam's and mine
Our house
The toys (that was the kids... specifically the Wii)
The food in our home
The school the kids go to
Our nanny (both Whitney and Ashley!)

No comments: