Olivia was on a basketball team this year through the city. She was on the same team as her cousins, Rix and Hayden. It was a lot of fun for her. Her coach was super helpful, too, and took time to teach her the basics like dribbling and shooting since Olivia has never done basketball before. She literally would duck or move when the ball was thrown her way. She definitely improved throughout the season and even made some baskets in practice. During the games, she mostly passed the ball and was really good at blocking. She really liked the game and I think she would like it more if she had a little more confidence. And if the boys on her team would pass the ball to her!
They had a team party at McDonald's and the coach handed out certificates for them. She was super proud of herself and really liked her coach. I'm glad he didn't write her off and instead helped her one on one when she needed it.
Olivia is also in a ballet/jazz/tap combo class at a local studio, Charisma School of Dance. She really likes her teacher (who is also in our ward at church) and is learning a lot. Her recital is coming up in June and they are busy learning the routine. (And I swear I have two other children, who I will blog about later!)
She is learning a lot and I can't wait for her recital. I'll have to video her dress rehearsal since they don't allow taping at the actual recital, but her routine is so cute!



4 comments:
Is it just me or is Oliva really tall all of a sudden?!! I really want to get Rylynn on a basketball team but so far she hasn't shown any interest even though I tell her how cool it is all the time:) Apparently she doesn't want to be like her mom. Anyway, I had to laugh when you said the part about the boys not passing to her because I still remember playing on my first team when I was six and hating that the boys would never pass to the girls! The next year the teams were all girls and that was way more fun. Rylynn's dance recital is coming up too. So fun! We drove past a silverwood sign the other day and Rylynn got so excited and said I can't wait to go there with Olivia! Miss you guys!!
Oh please please video tape the dress rehearsal so that I can see it!!! And I LOVED their basketball coach, I would do basketball again (or any other sport) if he was their coach! He was so good with Olivia and any one else who needed help (and he was very patient with Rix's meltdowns!).
PS - I have serious camera envy :) I love that first picture of Olivia at dance.
I can't wait for her recital. And for Aubrey to be old enough to do dance! And I think the reason the coach was patient with Rix was because he found Rix's meltdowns (as well as all the other's) funny. I loved that coach, too!
Wow! Basketball AND dance! What a well-rounded girl! Looks like she is having a lot of fun! I can't wait for Hannah to start dance!
Good luck on your recital, Olivia!
Post a Comment