Friday, April 15, 2011

April Fools Day


I have way too much to catch up on, so this one will be short and sweet :) I am not a huge April Fools person. I don't like pranks, especially ones that result in messes or embarassment. That doesn't mean I don't love watching other people get pranked, I just don't really want to be involved. But since I have kids, I decided to go the easy route and "trick" them for dinner. We had mashed potato sundaes for dinner, which pretty much consisted of me layering mashed potatoes, popcorn chicken and corn in a sundae glass with gravy and cheese on top. For dessert I made the TV dinner cupcakes from Hello Cupcake. Does this all sound familiar? It should, since I did the same exact dinner/dessert last year. I may not be creative, but at least I did something, right?

6 comments:

Seriously... said...

they look awesome! i thought about doing this this year, but i was way too lazy. so i did nothing. oh well. i figure my kids are still small enough they wont remember how lame I am, right? RIGHT??? i'm very impressed with your cupcakes though....they look JUST LIKE the book...i can never make mine look like the book.....

Celeste Pearson said...

Okay your post sounds almost exactly like mine. Maybe it's because we did the same thing...minus the worms.

Unknown said...

That is really cute! The cupcake especially looks scrumptious.

Unknown said...

Opps, that last comment was from me Marilyn Kiene.

Anonymous said...

Man, I really need to catch up! I love your photos :)

Summer said...

Your dinner cupcakes look AWESOME!!! I love that book!