Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Break

The kids had spring break at the end of March. It was so much fun to have them home and not have to wake them all up to get to school. The weather, though, wasn't super cooperative so we had to find things indoors to do. One of the things we did was take the kids to Pump It Up in Tacoma. We all had a Groupon (love those, by the way) and I got all three of my kids in for $9 for an hour and a half of jumping.
There were two rooms full of these toys. They had slides, basketball arenas, baseball arenas, bouncy houses and an obstacle course. These were two of the bigger things, the taller slide and the obstactle course. I had to take Madelynn through the course because she couldn't wall-climb out of it, meaning I had to carry her and "rock climb" up a bouncy house wall in my socks (and it was slippery). We almost didn't make it a couple times (because I'm nice enough to go more than once) but we all had a blast. I didn't even see Jack and Olivia most of the time because they were having so much fun on all the toys.
This toy was a lawsuit waiting to happen (kind of). They had to wear safety goggles and shoot ping pong balls at each other. It was fun, but not for the kids who weren't wearing goggles or were caught in the cross fire.
Roman, Hayden and Bryce playing in the basketball arena. Madelynn also liked to play in here, but all she did was steal the ball.

Olivia and Jack, one of the few times I saw them. They still ask to go back and they both want their birthday parties there. I told them when I'm rich.

Madelynn didn't like the slides at first. They were a little too tall and a little too fast. After she calmed down I asked her if she wanted me to go down with her. She said no, she wanted Aunt Celeste. You know, 7 months pregnant Celeste. And she so lovingly obliged and even helped Madelynn up to the top. And then got a burn on her elbow from going down so fast. Celeste, not Madelynn. Madelynn was unscarred. Sorry Celeste!
Olivia even helped Madelynn through the obstacle course (until the bitter end, when she couldn't get her up the rock wall).

Aubrey hating the whole thing is an understatement. She didn't like the slide and cried the whole way down. If you even mentioned it she would get very upset (or very mad at you for mentioning it). She also didn't like the obstacle course even though Kelli was there the whole way lovingly forcing her to finish it (it was for her own good, right?)

See the little blue thing at the bottom? It blows air and keeps the ball in the air so the kids can hit it. All nine kids loved it and would cut in line to have another turn.

I have one more Groupon for this place, so that means one more time of fun for the kids. We're saving it for another rainy day, which in Washington seems to happen more and more often. I really had a great time and it was so fun to watch my kids enjoy themselves as much as they did.

Oh, and here are videos of the three kids going down the slide. Just so you can see how fast it is. And how fearless my kids are.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

You're totally right, it was good for her. I loved that place, too bad Aubrey didn't. It was fun to be able to hang out and not worry (too much) about the kids :)

Summer said...

We have a bouncy place like that here too. My kids LOVE it!!! How fun!

Celeste Pearson said...

Ugh I totally don't have another Groupon for it! Hopefully they come out with more soon. But it was so fun! I want to go back unpregnant so I can enjoy it without having major contractions! I think I may have had as much (or more) fun than the kids!

Rachel said...

I love these bouncy blow up places. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius! I love the pic of Madelynn stuck in the blow up maze. Poor girl. That was so nice of Celeste to go in there with her while she is pregnant!