At Park Lodge they celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with Read Across America. I'm pretty sure they do this at other school's too, but this is the first year Olivia got to participate. Her class decided to celebrate Eric Carle books. They decorated masks to represent bugs based on his books. Olivia was a dragonfly, complete with wings she made in schoo. They were all so cute! Hayden is in her class too. Rix's class did something to do with superheros, I think, but I'm just basing that on his costume and nothing more. I do remember, though, that he had to be talked into for days to get into his costume.
Each class did a parade around the gym to show off their class. One class did Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, one of my favorite kids books. Olivia made me read it so much that I have it memorized! Each student was a letter and one was the coconut tree. So cute! The teachers even dressed up as characters from books. It was awesome.
Olivia also had her first grade recital. They sang songs that they've been learning and it was so fun to watch her perform! I couldn't figure out the video on my camera so it's only on the actual video camera, but I took pictures anyway.
Madelynn's latest look. She thinks it's so funny.
Hayden, Olivia and her friend Madeline.
Singing "Grand Ole Flag"
Busting a move!
Rix's class was next to Olivia's class in the recital. He knew every single word to the songs!
So proud of himself! He did really good too. They all did an amazing job!


5 comments:
So cute! I never saw their costumes for read across america! (Just more pics, including the concert, that I'm stealing from you!) And I don't know what Rix's classes theme was, but it does look like superheroes! Oh, and I love Olivia's dress :)
So cute! Rylynn's school did this too but they had each day of the week be a different crazy thing like crazy hair day and crazy outfit day. They didn't have a cute parade like Olivia! She looks so cute in that first picture with her wings on but the asian girl next to her looks like she is rolling her eyes:) I love Madelynn's new look for the camera! She is so grown up I can't even believe it. So we are so excited for Silverwood this summer!!! Of course you can stay with us, we wouldn't let you go to a hotel cause then we wouldn't get to hang out as much:) Rylynn won a ticket through her reading program so she is really excited that she gets to use it with Olivia!
So...you are sorta putting my blog to shame. I have so much catching up to do!
I didn't know you took pics at the Dr Seuss birthday. Way to plan ahead!
I loved their concert, isn't it weird what excites us mommas these days? Kids singing silly songs at an informal concert? :)
cute cute! Olivia just looks so grown up these days!
The Hot Springs pictures are so fun, you look like a smok'n hot babe in the pic from the company dinner!
Hope you guys are doing well!
Yeah, I'm a little behind on my blog stalking. Who said Olivia could grow up? Seriously! She's so big and cute. I LOVE her outfit in this post! SO cute. You guys look like you're doing really well. I think you need to take a trip to South Dakota and come visit us!
Post a Comment