Adam came home from work and brought me flowers. He went up to Costco on his lunch break just to get me purple roses, which I think are beautiful. Adam also spoiled me with a massage gift certificate at Massage Envy. I always complain of tight shoulder muscles and tension headaches, so I'm so glad he paid attention to something I can use and will love it when I actually using it in the near future. I also got a chocolate toffee tarte and some pink Gerbera daisies from my visiting teacher.
After dinner, which I didn't cook, we went to my parent's house for presents. My mother was super excited to give us something. With our birthdays (mine and my sisters') so close after Christmas, it's just normal for our birthdays to go by pretty calmly. Not that I expect huge presents every year or anything (and I understand how this is now that Madelynn's birthday is 4 days after Christmas), but it isn't really normal for anyone to go overboard on us a week after Christmas. Anyway... my mother got us a Kindle. She got all three of us a Kindle. That was on my Christmas list, so I was so excited. I love my Kindle and have downloaded and read 4-5 books already on it. LOVE IT! Thanks Mom and Dad!
Birthday gals!
Yup, that's my "shocked" expression. I cheated and looked at Kelli's box before mine was fully open.
This is how much I love you all, by posting this one of me. I'm totally fist-pumping and saying "A Kindle!" Adam is going to lose his picture taking priveleges. Wait until I'm looking and smiling next time :)
What?! We have matching Kindles?! Kidding... we totally bought skins and stuff for them... oh wait. We all bought the same neoprene cover. Sigh.


7 comments:
Too funny! I am so jealous you all got kindles! Great pics.
Love the Adam picture:) I actually do though cause it's so you, unstaged. I'm so jealous of your kindle. Does it hurt your eyes though to read off of a screen? I've wondered if that would bug me. That was so nice of your parents to spoil all you guys. They must have loved having all three of you there for your birthday together. Well you may think your birthday is boring now that your a mom, but I for one am really happy you were born!
Totally know what you mean about birthdays the older you get. It's a hard adjustment when you're a mom.
And, I got a kindle for Christmas! How fun is that? Happy Birthday!!!!
For the record, I have not bought a neoprene cover. So technically, I'm the coolest one.
And for the record, I bought but returned mine, so the pleasure of the neoprene cover is all yours. And rats, that means I have to post about my bday too.
What a great birthday! (minus the being a mom and it not being very special) Are your sisters both living by you now or was Kelli visiting? Fun that you could all celebrate together again!
Happy Birthday!!! Lucky, you got a Kindle? How are you liking it? I haven't decided if I would get into one or if I would still prefer paper books, so you'll have to tell me how you like yours.
And for the record, I love the fist-pumping picture! :)
Post a Comment