The kids had a fun time playing the Kinect that Kelli's family got for Christmas. If I had more room in this tiny apartment, I would totally consider buying the Kinect. It was a lot of fun and you literally have to move your body in order to play the game so it's a definite workout! Jack and Olivia loved it, although Jack had a tough time figuring out that his body was the controller. Madelynn hung out with Aubrey all evening and they were partners in crime. The adults just hung out and made sure nothing got broken and ate yummy food.
Rix and Bryce playing Kinect. I just don't remember the game.
Patient spectator!
Tired spectator. Don't let this fool you. He's working on his second wind here.
Olivia and Hayden's turn. I'm not sure what they're doing.
Madelynn and Aubrey kept themselves busy making messes from one end of the house to the other.
We got the kids pajamas on and got them ready for New Years "Eve"... or 7:30pm. They didn't know what was going on anyway and were just excited to all be sleeping at Nana and Papa's house together. Maybe we're mean parents for not letting them stay up late or until midnight, but at least my kids were happy and rested the next morning!
Kelli and I got the girls dressed and realized they had the same pajamas. It was too cute.
Papa wound the kids up before bedtime (um... thanks?) by swinging them. I'm pretty sure we wore Papa out, though. Jack is super heavy at dead weight! The kids loved it, though.
See? Who needs amusement parks when we have Papa? Madelynn is a daredevil anyway, so she just screamed and giggled the whole time.
Happy "New Years" kids! Now go to bed! Haha, just kidding. They love sleeping at Nana's house so we were doing them a favor.
Yeah, I rock at Dance Revolution. Well, Celeste beat me in a dance off, but whatever. I really liked the game and picked myself up and kept going. Adam took an illegal amount of pictures of me doing the game and apparently I make some pretty awesome faces when I dance. Like big cheesy smiles and stuff. I was obviously on a dance team in high school! The last picture is of a dance that looks like I'm washing my hair? Who made up these dances?
Adam and Jeremiah playing the raft game. They had to duck and jump and move. It was pretty funny to watch them. Adam and I also tried this but we clearly don't work well together because our raft didn't do so well.
After the Kinect, we played some card games and waited for what felt like forever for it to be midnight. I remember looking at the clock during one of the card games and saying "It's only 9:30?!" Man, I'm getting old!
Happy New Year!
Mom and Dad were great hosts. Thanks for having us!


2 comments:
I loved the Kinect! We need to get that dance game again and maybe try a workout one!
I've never been a big fan of New Year's Eve, either, but yours sounds like a lot of fun! I saw some guys at Toys R Us playing the Kinect. It looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment