Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thriller!

Olivia participated in the Lakes High School Dance Clinic this year. The theme was "Thriller" and they danced to Michael Jackson songs. She was a little nervous at first since she didn't know anyone, but she has always liked cheerleading and dancing, so I signed her up anyway. The clinic was two days in the mornings, and they split the kids up based on grades. She was in the youngest level but her dance was still super cute. She loved learning the dances and caught on pretty quickly. They also learned a group number to "Thriller" that all the age groups participated in. A week later, the girls all performed during half time at a Lakes High School girls' basketball game. It was way exciting and I took way too many pictures. We also got it on video, you know, for her wedding video :)
I was so proud of her. She has never really had stage fright, I think it's because of her experience with "This is Kirland" that she did when she was only three. She's used to being in front of people. And she remembered her dances really well. I was actually on the Lakes High School dance team in high school for two years so it definitely brough back memories to watch my daughter dance at my alma mater high school. We can't wait to do the clinic again next year!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I want to see video! Can you bring your stuff over to mom and dad's sometime so we can watch it? And what's with the girl in the tutu? I love her hair, by the way!

Celeste Pearson said...

So cute! She looks like she is having fun! And Cole thinks the older dance team girls are in "underwear" because of their short shorts. Nice...

Rachel said...

How cute is that?! I love that the little girls got to perform with the bigs girls. Sounds like so much fun. I agree with Kelli let's see the video!

Stina said...

Has she learned your signature move yet? Probably not cause it's not appropriate!!!

So very very cute! Love her haircut too!