Thursday, January 20, 2011

Madelynn turns TWO!!!

My little baby is all grown up! I can't believe that she is already two years old and talking and counting and jumping. Madelynn is definitely independent, but still a huge mama's girl. She is bossy and sweet, all at the same time. And I can finally fit her hair in a pony tail, even if it is small!
For Madelynn's birthday, we went to McDonald's with all her cousins, where she got her very first Happy Meal. She was so excited to actually get a toy with her chicken nuggets. Olivia and Jack were nice enough to help her to the top of the play area and all the kids played for a long time, which meant long nap times afterwards.

Madelynn's birthday party was pretty low key. We had family over to my parent's house and served up cake and ice cream. I made yummy cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting, which is Madelynn's favorite. She got some fun presents and was way spoiled by everyone.
We were also celebrating Jeremiah's birthday. Kelli made coconut lime cupcakes (on the right). Mine is on the left.
Madelynn is not so sure about our family's "singing". We always sing really loud and off key.
She couldn't figure out how to blow out her candles so Jeremiah helped with hers too.
So proud of herself!
Still going through the awkward smile phase.
Celeste's mother-in-law makes these nightgowns fit for a princess, so Madelynn got her first one! It's a satin nightgown with a sheer robe over it. You can get your own here.
Madelynn got a Rapunzel brush that plays music, a purse with lots of accessories that she carries everywhere, a Disney princess magnet dress up doll, and a Leapfrog Leaptop. Yeah, spoiled. I love that you can see Hayden and Cole in every picture while she was opening her presents. They were way more excited than she was.

We also went to Red Robin to celebrate lots of birthdays. Mine, Kelli's, Celeste's, Madelynn's, and Jeremiah's. When we go to Red Robin with the whole family, there are seventeen of us, nine of which are kids. Crazy!

Birthday girl!
It's her party, and she'll cry if she wants to. Adam told her she couldn't eat her ice cream until after the staff was done singing. Apparently he forgot how much she loves ice cream.

All better.
Our crazy table.

Here are some two-year-old facts about Madelynn:

She loves Dora and Disney Princesses
Thanks to Dora, she thinks the "magic word" is "abre" (or "open" in Spanish)
She can count to twelve or thirteen, depending on the day.
She taught herself to jump and is so proud of herself.
Loves all kinds of dipping sauces for her chicken nuggets, which she also loves.
Can live off of cereal if I let her.
Has to shower with me every morning or the world will apparently end.
Doesn't like getting her hair done, but will still sit so still for me.
Loves to sit with me and read books, preferably Dora ones.
Still super attached to her blanket and binky and her babydoll.
Likes to color, especially when Jack and Olivia are doing homework so she can feel involved.
Loves: baths, Dora, babydolls of all kinds, McDonald's, cereal, going to Nana's house, hiding things so we can't find them when we need them, doing things by herself (I hate that), and dancing.
Hates: the vacuum, getting her diaper changed, when Mommy leaves, not being able to do something on her own, when someone is mad at her.

Madelynn is definitely her own little personality. She is so stubborn at times, but will always cave when she knows it will please someone. All I have to do for a kiss or hug is ask, unless she is being stubborn and then I pretend to cry and she will run to make sure I'm okay. She is so sweet and happy and loves to play with her cousins. Even though she wants to do things all by herself now, she will still ask me to do things for her and even though I'm always too busy or tired, I have to give in because she is my baby for now. And when I say "for now", that does not mean I'm pregnant. Because I'm not, although if I were keeping up with our "baby every two years" plan I would be. I'll just have to get my baby fix when Celeste has her baby this summer!

Happy birthday Madelynn! We love you!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

She is so grown up and adorable in that birthday dress! What a mean dad to make her wait for her ice cream:) She sounds a lot like a little 2 year old girl I once had wanting to do everything on her own and dress herself!! Do you remember that and Olivia was so the opposite and I was always like why can't Rylyn just let me help her do anything? I honestly can't believe she is two. That is how old our oldest children were when we moved in!! Can you believe how fast time flies? On a random note, where did all of Jack's hair go? Those cupcakes look yummy BTW. Oh and what is with your whole family having all your birthday's in December and January? Craziness!

Kelli said...

I love your sweet Madelynn and her smile, and her birthday dress. You describe her perfectly. She has such a crazy little personality!

Celeste Pearson said...

Cute pics! I still love the one where she is crying for her ice cream. Once when Rix was like 18 months we were at Anthony's on the Waterfront for my birthday, and I got a free ice cream and when it was all gone he screamed and cried so hard that dad had to take him outside! Anyway, we love Madelynn and all her drama and cuteness! Glad she had a great birthday!

PS - I've considered making my blog private since it seems no one blogs anymore and no one really reads it anyway. What do you think?