We started out on Christmas Eve at my parent's house. Every year we have a traditional appetizer-only menu. It's really fun to snack all day on yummy things, plus it takes the stress out of a huge formal dinner. We snacked on veggie pizza, Texas caviar, a meat and cheese platter, rolls to make sandwiches, vegetable platter, spinach and artichoke dip, brisket and bulkogi, and lots more stuff. All of us were there, including Kory and Ana Lee, so we had a full house. It was chaotic and loud at times, but every one got along really well and we made sure to find things for the kids to do. I also ran to Target with Jack and Olivia to finish up some stocking stuffers that I forgot to grab, and Adam was there with my mother and Jeremiah so it was fun avoiding them because Adam was doing actual shopping. He procrastinates every year! I ended up just treating my kids to Target lunch, which is actually really rare because I usually only spring for the popcorn combo :)
My mom set up some beads and pipe cleaners for the kids to make ornaments. I didn't even realize she had this going on until I started to wonder where my kids were and why they were so quiet! This kept them super busy for a long time.
Kory and Ana Lee. We were so glad you guys could visit, even though Ana Lee was only here a couple of days. I'm sure with nine kids in the house it was exhausting for them!
Poor Jack. He wasn't feeling well but was playing so well and didn't complain at all.
These two little rascals have become quite the team. They always play together and can usually be found under a table with all their toys.
We decorated cookies for Santa, too. The kids got to decorate one for themselves and one (or more) for Santa. We watched closely which ones were made without being licked or manhandled so Santa wouldn't be grossed out. We had lots of frosting and decorations too and the kids loved it.
Look at that concentration. And Santa didn't eat any of Madelynn's cookies.
Jack was super serious about his decorating too.
Um, proof that you did not want to eat Cole's cookies. He ate so much frosting, and we kept replacing his knife so he wouldn't "contaminate" the frosting bowl. We should have just taken away the frosting.
Every year, my parents have Santa come visit the house and this year was no different. We had the kids sing Christmas songs right before he came to get them prepped and ready for the big guy in red.
"He sees you when you're sleeping..."
Olivia was super excited to see who was at the door with jingle bells!
Madelynn wouldn't even look at Santa. She wasn't necessarily afraid of him, she was just tolerating him. And I think she knows he gives you candy if you sit on his lap.
Jack asked for the Lego Batman Wii game. He was going to be sorely disappointed the next morning since that game is a little out of his league, but he still got candy!
Olivia wouldn't look Santa in the eye either. It was so weird. But she did ask for the Tangled Wii game and the Tangled tower and doll. Do you see her theme?
Christmas jammies! They had to wait for Daddy to set up the video camera. And they let us sleep until until after 8am, which was so nice. Merry Christmas to me!
Madelynn's smile makes me happy. I don't even think she knows what she is so happy about.
Holy cow! Santa remembered what she wanted!
Santa ended up getting Jack a huge racetrack for his cars, and he seemed to forget that he wanted something else.
Madelynn didn't care what she got from Santa. She just wanted her candy opened.
Christmas at our house was really relaxed all morning. I made cinnamon pullaparts for breakfast and the kids lounged around with their new toys all morning. Adam got a couple new XBox games for Christmas so he played those for a little bit and I spent the morning opening packages and setting up games and toys (I also got a brand new Cuisinart food processor and a jewelry armoire from Adam ,which I love). We didn't buy a ton of things this year, mostly because the kids have a lot of toys as it is, and we don't have a lot of space to put new things. Plus, the season isn't really about presents, right? Even the Grinch figured that one out. We went over to my parents house again for a quick dinner and so the kids could open their presents from Nana and Papa.
Olivia got some Barbies (including a couple of Ken dolls so Jack can play with her), some clothes and a Hello Kitty purse.
Madelynn opened up a baby doll sippy and immediately thought it was for her.
He really is excited. He just has issues with smiling lately. Like on command. When he thinks something is funny, he smiles normal. But if you ask him to smile, he ends up looking like he's in pain.
The baby doll sippy was actually for the new doll from Nana. It kicks and talks. She loves it.
Kory and Olivia snuggling on the couch.
And we finally got batteries for Jack's racetrack. It's really cool. The cars jump over the city and back on the track and go really fast. Jack loves it, even though it takes up almost half of his room.
I hope every one had a wonderful Christmas! It was fun getting all the Christmas cards in the mail (and some on email) and see how all of you are doing. We miss you all and hope your New Year is going well!


6 comments:
i'm still here!!! i need to update my blog too....just not in the mood lately. i'd rather go make some cookies. or rotate the laundry :) keep the posts coming!
Olivia and Kory look alike a ton!!! If you look at the top two pictures of them... so cute!!
Love reading your updates and happy birthday!!!
I also have lost my trusty blog followers! Oh well. Great post! The pictures are so cute - and I also love Madelynn's smile. It gets her out of a lot of trouble I'm sure!
I'm glad you all had a great Christmas. My kids have that same racetrack (didn't you buy it for them?) and they love it.
Carter is sooo jealous of that race track! I love your Great Wolf Lodge post and I really did read it a long time ago but I have been so blog lazy as you can tell by my own blog:) Your pictures are soo good. I can tell you have an awesome camera now. My pics suck and I really want a good camera. Someday:) I'm so happy for you that you got a cuisinart food processor!! I don't know how you have lived this long withouth one. I promise I will update my blog this week. Garrett has half the pics on his laptop. Annoying! Glad you guys had a fun Christmas!
Still here and glad you updated! Christmas at your parents looked wild, crazy, and like so much fun. Glad you had a great holiday.
Post a Comment