For Jack, the word "birthday" is synonymous with "Chuck E Cheese's" so on his birthday we went to there for some game time. We did not eat pizza there, just played games, which was fine for the kids. Jack invited his cousins Rix, Bryce and Cole to come with us. The kids had way too much fun going on the rides and playing games to get tickets so they could buy something stupid... I mean, a toy.
Adam took the kids to McDonalds for dinner that night while I was at the Relief Society broadcast. I had asked Jack what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said "Chuck E Cheese McDonalds Costco Target Michaels" in one long sentence. So, we decided the first two were doable and the others happen all the time anyway, so whatever. And no, Jack does not actually like Michaels. He is just obsessed with the Halloween section there and a certain animated skeleton that talks.
Jack's cake and ice cream party was a couple of days later. I decorated a Scooby Doo cake for him and we had some family over for a little party. Jack LOVED his cake. When I was finally done decorating it, I showed it to him and he jumped up and down and said "Thank you Mommy! Thanks! I love my cake!" I was a little happy to hear that after painstakingly changing out my frosting bags and tips for the different colors for the cake!
If you look closely enough, you will see the massive amount of drool on Madelynn's shirt. She finally has one tooth in and obviously is still teething!
I love the look on everyone's faces as we're singing to Jack!
Obviously she did NOT want her picture taken!
And she didn't enjoy the fairy wings and tutu quite like this one...
... who not only insisted I take a picture of her, but insisted on posing like this too.
Happy birthday Jack! It seems like just yesterday you were the cute little boy who stole our hearts (and had us asking the nurse "Is that red hair?") and now you are three years old! You may be wild and crazy at times but I love your hugs and your snuggles and I LOVE it when you say "Hold me, Mommy" when you are sad or hurt. I love your exuberance for life even if it gets you into trouble a lot. I love your dimples and your giggles. You are such a wonderful little boy and I am so happy for you to be growing up but a little sad to know that my baby boy is not a baby anymore!


8 comments:
What a cute little boy! I'm glad he had a birthday, and I'm so impressed with your cake (I'm not showing the boys because they will demand their own, which I don't have any desire to do).
Happy Birthday Jack!! We love you! WHat an awesome cake Carissa. That is so cute that he said he loved it so much. I love Olivia's fairy pose too, that is quite the happy face! That is so funny that he said he wanted to go to Michael's for his birthday. Hmm does his mommy like that store much? I can't believe Madelynn has a tooth. Those wet drooly shirts are so fun:)
What a fun birthday! I agree about Chuck E's pizza--nasty!! In fact, one time we grabbed a $5 from Little Caesar's to eat before we got there. What a cutie! And, you must be the best mom ever to make that cake!
Seriously, that cake was awesome. And it tasted yummy too! I'm glad Jack had an awesome birthday! Thanks for inviting the boys to Chuck E Cheese! We love you Jack!
Great cake Carissa! Hannah is making it easy on me this year. She told me she wants cupcakes. Fine by me! I can't believe how big they are! The time has gone by so quickly. Miss you guys!
Can you believe how quickly our babies grew up!?! That cake looks awesome, my kids LOVE Scooby Doo.
Oh my gosh your cake skills are amazing!! I asked Kory what kind of cake he wants for his birthday in a couple of weeks, and he said he didn't care. I think I will buy one for him, haha, jk.
Great job on the cake Carissa! It does make all the aggravation worth while when the birthday boy loves his cake! What a sweetheart! I love that he wanted "ChuckECheeseMcDonaldsCostcoTargetMichaels" for his party! HAHaHA!
Post a Comment