Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Puyallup Fair

We finally got to go to the Puyallup Fair this year and the kids LOVED it. I haven't been to the fair for about 10 years and it was great going back and seeing all the things I loved there growing up. They had the onion burgers that are so yummy and the scones are the same as they were when I was younger. They are so good! I love the smell of the food in the air and the screams of people on all the rides.

Adam and I went out to the fair by ourselves first. We went with Celeste and my dad. Adam and I watched the hypnotist show, which was hilarious. Adam had an onion burger (I had just a bite since I had the stomach flu earlier that day- bummer!) and we ate scones. It was fun to see all the different things for sale, like the VitaMix show where he let us sample tortilla soup made in the mixer! We got to sample some fudge and I saw the cutest bows that were way overpriced, so instead I just looked at how they made them and I'll make them myself sometime.

The next day Adam and I took the kids to the fair. They were ecstatic the entire morning. It was so fun to see the joy in their eyes! The rides were super expensive so we bought a ticket package and let them choose 3 rides each. I'm surprised how okay they were with that. Jack wasn't big enough for some of the rides, but he was happy with his choices. He went on the motorcycles while Olivia went on the spinning bears, and then they went on the cars together and a helicopter together. They got to see the animals and the petting zoo and DORA! It was a fun and exhausting day, capped off with fresh scones and cotton candy!


Jack and Olivia on the helicopter. I don't think they knew it went up and down because they were so excited when their helicopter went up!

Cute little Madelynn. She was so good in the stroller the whole day!


Can you see Olivia inside the bear? It spins. I hate spinning rides!

I love how excited she is after her ride. I wish the rides weren't so expensive because I wanted them to be able to go on all of them. One of these days...!



Thumbs up! He loved this ride!

You'd think they were actually driving. They had a blast.


Dora and Boots and Backpack! At first Jack and Olivia just sat there next to her with her perma-smile. Finally Jack hugged her! I think he was starstruck!


See? Here is Olivia with Dora. And Jack. He wouldn't stop staring and smiling at Dora!


Petting some baby chicks.

They also got to pet a bunny. They loved all the animals they got to pet, including a goat. And then I washed their hands at least twice and then they got Purelled!

8 comments:

Kellie said...

I love that they were hugging Dora! That is so cute:)

Garrett said...

So sad we couldn't join you guys! It sounds like it was so much fun. Those onion burgers sound amazing. I love the thumbs up picture of Jack! What a cute kid. Can't wait for Leavenworth!

Rachel said...

I'm and idiot and forgot to sign out of Garrett's account, that was me

Celeste Pearson said...

I heart the fair! I too love the smell of food and the sound of screaming people. We should totally go to the Spring Fair!

Kelli said...

Oh the fair...I hope you ate a scone for you homie (me). Wendy and I are totally making a caravan there next year!

Ana Lee said...

Looks like fun!

Yonker Family said...

We miss the Puyallup Fair.
They have the best strawberry scones.

Summer said...

WOW! That is one HE-UGE (and kinda scary) Dora! The fair looks fun! We might be there to do it with you next year! Ü