Sunday, April 5, 2009

Growing up

My baby is growing up so fast! She is sitting up in her Bumbo, cooing at her brother and sister, sleeping through the night on most nights, and smiling at any one who will look in her direction. She gets so excited when she sees Daddy come home from school or when she sees me after she wakes up from her nap. She loves to be in her Bumbo for short amounts of time and watch everything going on around her. Madelynn is really a pretty happy baby. She must know that she is the third child because she makes it really easy for me to deal with the other two kids while she just hangs out. I was going to post a video of her talking but Blogger never works out for me. How do you all get video on here?!

Jack also had his 30 month well child check. Most pediatricians don't do checks at 2 1/2 but mine does. It was nice to be able to go in and see if he is doing okay. Jack is 33.2 lbs and 3 feet 2 inches tall. He is above average for height and weight, but mostly his height. Here is Madelynn in her Babylegs. I love them! Too bad they are expensive. She's actually wearing the Target brand of Babylegs, but who can tell?!Olivia loves to draw. She draws anything, like the "bee" you see here. It's all black because she colored in all the stripes. She'll get Jack to help her by saying "What should I draw?" and then she'll draw whatever he says, which is usually the first thing he sees in the room.

The weather was close to 70 degrees here on Tuesday (don't worry- we are supposed to get snow for the next two days!) so we packed a picnic (ahem... Wendy's) and hit up the park. The kids loved being outside and being ablt to go on the swings and slides. This was Madelynn's first playground trip, and she slept through most of it, although I was able to get this cute smile out of her before we left.

10 comments:

Seriously... said...

ahhh...i miss getting wendys and going to that park :) so fun. How are things going??? I was thinking about you guys today (as I just finished editing our home movies and there is a little video in there of adam picking up dustin for his birthday man-date.) anyway...hope you guys are well!

Amy said...

Your kids are so stinking cute! I love the babylegs!

Janelle said...

She's really cute. I upload my videos to One True Media and then get the code to embed into my blog post.

Rachel said...

You forgot to mention that Madelynn loves me and smiles for me when I enter the room! J/K, you know I want to steal her though. It is so crazy to me looking at the pics of Olivia and Jack and thinking about how tiny Rylynn and Olivia were when we first moved here! I sometimes forget that Carter and Jack weren't even born then. We are going to miss seeing your cute kids grow up everyday.

Summer said...

Cute pics! I love Madelyn's Babylegs!

Carly said...

So cute! I can't believe how big Maddelynn is getting. She's beautiful!

Oh and every time I go to Wendy's I still think of you girls! :) Man I love that stuff... good thing there isn't one very close to me.

Celeste Pearson said...

Hey I was just thinking that this summer we could go to the park and bring Wendys along! Weird. The babylegs are so cute (I need a girl!) and I love Olivia's drawings, especially the ones she sent mom and dad where dad put his hair on and mom had tiny feet.

Kellie said...

Madelynn looks so much like Adam!! Beautiful baby:) I'm ready for the 70 degree weather again!

Ana Lee said...

Madelynn is so beautiful! Wendy's is the BEST picnic :) haha.

Kelli said...

Why can't Target have more of their brand of baby legs, Aubrey so needs some, they are so cute. Tell Olivia to draw me something, I need some fun mail. And can't wait to see you and the kids!