Me and some of my friends. I love that we are in front of a "martini bar". How fitting for a bunch of Mormon gals!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Grand Slam Gala
Last weekend we went to the dental school formal (read: prom for twentysomethings in dental school) at the Terrace Club at Progressive Field where the Indians play baseball. The room overlooked the entire empty field, which was beautiful with all the green grass and bright lights. It was really nice to leave the kids (thanks Halls and Days!) and dress up for a night out. We ordered "drinks" from the bar (Shirley Temples rock!) and then went downstairs for dinner of steak and potatoes and a cheesecake dessert. We sat at a table with our friends the Popes and the Lees and had a lot of fun with them. After dinner we did some dancing, which I haven't done since I was single and clubbing it up in SLC and Seattle. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad that after four years here we finally went to one "gala"!
Me and some of my friends. I love that we are in front of a "martini bar". How fitting for a bunch of Mormon gals!
Adam with some of his dental school buddies. We are really going to miss all our friends once we move! Being in dental school has really given us a connection here. I'm glad that some of our friends are going to be nearby!
Adam and I at dinner. See the necklace and earrings? I made them! I am so proud of myself (obviously). There is also a matching bracelet that you can't see.
Looking out over Progressive Field. We've been to a few Indians games and loved them. I've been to more games at this field than any other fields combined. Go Indians!
Me and some of my friends. I love that we are in front of a "martini bar". How fitting for a bunch of Mormon gals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Love the jewelry, want to make me some? Glad you had fun, how nice it must be to dress up and have a fun evening and super good steak!
The jewelry turned out great! Good job! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. What a cool place to have a dance.
That looks like so much fun! You have had an amazing experience out there. How lucky for you! And, maybe someday we can all get tickets and go to Preference again. I don't think it would be weird!!
Yeah we should crash BYU Preference! That would really be awesome (and I'm totally serious!). Anyway, it looked like fun and the food sounded yummy. I'm glad you had a good time at your grown-up prom!
How fun! That is so great! Kory wants to know, "Since when did they go clubbing?" hahaha. I also love the jewelry. You look absolutely beautiful!
So fun to get all dolled up and go out! Love the jewelry!!! good job!
][Wasn't that cheesecake amazing? Ah, yum. I'm hoping that we're the "friends who are moving close by" that you referred to. I've already told my twin sister all about you and she's excited for all of us to hang out. She actually just got a pass to Pointe Defiance Zoo, we should get some too!
Post a Comment