Monday, March 23, 2009

When Adam leaves, the crazies come out!

Adam's spring break was last week, and he spent it in Washington (again) to look for a job. That left me alone with the kids for a week! Of course, my sister Kelli came from Toledo to visit and give me someone to hang out with, although with her three kids and my own, there was a lot of chaos, tears, fighting, and fun.Kelli brought her Bumbo chair for Aubrey, but we tried to sit Madelynn in it as well. She had a hard time keeping her head up and didn't really enjoy herself, so she lasted about 20 seconds. We'll try again in a month or so.Olivia and Madelynn ready to go to Target (of course). You should have seen the looks we got- Kelli and I with two babies, two toddlers and two preschoolers. It was chaos, and of course every one had to look at us like we were a circus. It was fun!

While Kelli was here we went to the Aurora outlets and got some screamin' deals. We let the kids play at the playground at the outlets because the weather was in the 60s. It was so nice to sit outside without freezing for once! We also went to the Rainforest at the Cleveland Zoo. I'd never been before but we needed to get the kids out of the house and it was cold outside. The Rainforest is indoors and heated (hence it being like a "rainforest"). It was nice to be in humidity again. Wow, I never thought I'd say that.

Olivia and her friend Emma checking out the tropical birds.Roman and Jack climbed on a blue frog statue and didn't get into a fight about it- amazing.Hayden, Emma and Olivia followed suit on a nearby statue.

Jack loved the rainforest. He especially loved the monkeys and the tarantula. He is definitely all boy.Olivia and Jack watching the crocodile. They've only seen crocodiles on Dora before so they were really excited to see one in real life and this crocodile was all about showing off for them.We had a lot of fun and my kids were really good. We have definitely been cooped up inside too long and are really looking forward to warm weather. Hopefully the weird Cleveland weather will cooperate soon!

6 comments:

Summer said...

So fun! We've STILL never been to the Rainforest. Looks like we need to go!

Celeste Pearson said...

Your zoo looks like so much fun and I'm jealous of your weather! And I'm thinking the chaos and fighting and fun in a sign of things to come in a couple months!!

Stina said...

So nice to get out of the house. When it was warm here (was being they key word) my kids were outside constantly and played till they dropped. Can't wait until it comes back! Good luck with everything!

Kelli said...

I'm glad you had so much fun with me. I'm so cool.

Alison Day said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Thanks again for taking Emma! It may not be that big, but it looks cool enough that I think I'll take the kids sometime!

Ana Lee said...

That is so fun you guys are close enough to go on adventures together. It looks like your kids had so much fun!