Olivia was very spoiled to play Mario Party on the Gamecube with her Uncle Jeremiah and cousin Hayden. She always asks to play it at our house, and we have it, I'm just not nice enough to hook it all up and play with her.
Papa and Adam and I took the kids on Saturday to the park. It was freezing but sunny so we stayed until the kids hands were frozen and then left. I love this picture. That isn't wind in Olivia's hair, it's static.
Jack could swing all day if I let him. Papa has more patience than I do and pushed him until his heart's content. I would have taken him out after 10 minutes because I would have gotten so bored!
Olivia on the right, holding her friend Megan's hand. They sang a couple of Christmas songs. I really do believe that putting her in the Kirtland play this summer boosted her self-esteem. She is much more willing to go up on stage and in front of people now. I remember in April she was the reverent child in church, where she stands and folds her arms as an "example" before Sacrament meeting, and she just sobbed when she got up there and had to come back down because she was so scared to be up there by herself. Now she can dance and sing with the best of them!
See what I mean about being excited about the candy cane? This was taken moments after Santa handed it to her. My kids love sugar!
I have a few pictures that all look like this. Jack just staring at Santa and following him around. It was really cute how in love with Santa he was because he wouldn't get too close, but wouldn't let Santa get too far either.
Now this is what I call dedication. Adam was helping to clean the cultural hall after the party and the huge vacuum wouldn't start so he vacuumed with the little tiny one (ours at home is bigger!) and even got down on his hands and knees to scrub out some whipped cream. Olivia thought she would be helpful by climbing on Daddy while he cleaned (she and Jack also do this while I try to clean at home too).
Papa and Adam and I took the kids on Saturday to the park. It was freezing but sunny so we stayed until the kids hands were frozen and then left. I love this picture. That isn't wind in Olivia's hair, it's static.
Jack could swing all day if I let him. Papa has more patience than I do and pushed him until his heart's content. I would have taken him out after 10 minutes because I would have gotten so bored!We also had our ward Christmas party this past Saturday. The kids had a lot of fun stealing rolls from the buffet table before dinner started and Olivia sang on the stage with the Primary. She was very proud of herself afterwards. The kids also got to see Santa when he came and handed out candy canes. I got some good pictures of Jack but none of Olivia with Santa since he didn't stop for picture opportunities. Olivia was satisfied with her candy cane and ran off to eat it with her friends while Jack made it easy to get a picture with Santa- he followed the guy around the whole time like Santa was a rock star. The kid loves himself some Santa!
Olivia on the right, holding her friend Megan's hand. They sang a couple of Christmas songs. I really do believe that putting her in the Kirtland play this summer boosted her self-esteem. She is much more willing to go up on stage and in front of people now. I remember in April she was the reverent child in church, where she stands and folds her arms as an "example" before Sacrament meeting, and she just sobbed when she got up there and had to come back down because she was so scared to be up there by herself. Now she can dance and sing with the best of them!
See what I mean about being excited about the candy cane? This was taken moments after Santa handed it to her. My kids love sugar!
I have a few pictures that all look like this. Jack just staring at Santa and following him around. It was really cute how in love with Santa he was because he wouldn't get too close, but wouldn't let Santa get too far either.
Now this is what I call dedication. Adam was helping to clean the cultural hall after the party and the huge vacuum wouldn't start so he vacuumed with the little tiny one (ours at home is bigger!) and even got down on his hands and knees to scrub out some whipped cream. Olivia thought she would be helpful by climbing on Daddy while he cleaned (she and Jack also do this while I try to clean at home too).I had my 36 week check up today too. The baby is head down and every thing is looking good. I even had two contractions today, not like the ones that make you think "this baby is coming!" but the kind that make you not able to move or stand up and you think "oh yeah, I remember this kind of pain, but a little worse and much more frequent." My doctor said I would probably start feeling those since the baby is head down and my body already thinks it knows what it is supposed to be doing. I've been having really frequent Braxton Hicks all weekend too. My Group B Strep test came back positive too for the first time, which isn't a big deal, I just need antibiotics during labor. Other than that, we're in the last few weeks of this pregnancy and although it feels like it has lasted forever, it also feels like it has flown by way too fast and I am not feeling as prepared as I'd like to be. Adam and I are using our date night on Friday as a "get ready for the baby" night and getting some essentials (like diapers!) before this baby comes. We are still set to be induced on December 29. And no, we have not decided on a name yet.


7 comments:
it does feel like you've been pregnant forever. mostly because i remember you being pregnant while we still lived in cleveland...and that feels like an eternity ago. So exciting though....those last few weeks go really quick (at least for me, as i'm never prepared and leave everything to the last minute). Good luck with everything. We miss you guys. Tell Adam Dustin misses his man-dates. The only dates he gets to go on now are with me...and that's no fun :(
Looks like so much fun! The story about Santa is so great, haha.
So Jack is so adorable. And I love Olivia's candy cane face - you'd think he gave her a hundred dollar bill by her expression! And I laughed when you explained the contractions - so true! Thanks for updating you slacker!
What?! No name?! How disappointing =) I'm jealous you had a fun Christmas party, our ward isn't very into making it fun for the kids. In fact, I don't even think the kids are invited. I love Jack's Santa adoration, but you do need to explain to him that staring is rude. Glad we got to spend Thanksgiving with you, although we don't plan on investing in a lock for our pantry seeing that a) it has no doors and b) it's only your child that we seem to have a problem with! =)
I think Crew is following in Jack's footsteps. I can't keep him out of the food... good food, bad food, it's all the same. I love Olivia's candy cane expression... she's adorable!
your family is so beautiful. I was checking out Adam's sister's (Sarah) blog and I found a link to yours. This is Adam's cousin (Nikki Poyfair - now Draper). I just thought I'd pop in a little comment and tell you how cute you all are. If you'd like to check out our blog its: draperfitclub.blogspot.com
I love how much Jack loves Santa! Carter is terrified of him. Even when Ben did it tonight he was freaking out. Olivia is so cute in those pictures! I wish we could have been there for the program. Have I mentioned that I am so sad that I'm not going to be here right when your baby comes?!! She'll be here before you know it!
Post a Comment