
Jack and Olivia were very serious when it came to painting their pumpkins. Olivia's wouldn't stand up very well so she had to paint hers laying down, but didn't seem to care at all.
Making caramel apples. The moms dipped the apples in caramel, then the kids got to choose what to roll them in- crushed Oreos (thanks for the idea Celeste!), peanuts, crushed Symphony bar or Halloween sprinkles. Jack obviously didn't quite get the idea and started to eat his apple before we could dip it. He loves his apples though!
Adam's finished pumpkin. It got a lot of compliments on Halloween once we got a couple candles in there. Only a dentist could carve a pumpkin so well...This year was a lot of fun for the kids, especially since Olivia really understands the concept of dressing up and getting candy and Jack finally caught on and had some fun too. Adam took the kids with our neighbors around the block while I held down the fort (who wants to walk around 7 months pregnant?!) although looking back I should have just turned our porch light off and went with the kids. Seriously, is it only in Cleveland where you get teenagers with pillowcases walking around with no costumes on? I had huge groups of these kids coming up and expecting candy without an ounce of makeup or hair coloring or anything. It was crazy. And I also had parents who were taking around their kids start digging in my bowl to "get the good stuff." Anyway...
Adam did a great job taking pictures. I told him he had to take the camera with him and get blog-worthy pictures and he did just that.


The two little monkeys, Carter and Jack.
The cutest little fairy princess, ballerina, headless monkey and monkey in Cleveland! By the end of the night, Jack was in the stroller (apparently he can get too tired!) and Olivia was hyped up on sugar. I'm just glad Halloween was on a weekend. And that the kids came home with some good candy that I had to "confiscate."


6 comments:
So fun! I love making caramel apples, but we didn't do it this year. Your kids are so cute :)
What exactly is Adam's pumpkin? I can't figure it out. I love the headless monkey, very Halloween-ish of Jack. I'm sad I didn't get a caramel apple, I just learned we have a Rocky Mtn Candy around here, in that outdoor mall we took you to a while ago. At least you had trick or treaters, stop complaining, especially since I'd probably be one of those adults who need the "good stuff". Otherwise, the candy confiscation wouldn't be nearly as fun.
You have such fun and cute friends. It won't be very long until you're cuddling your own baby!! See you Friday!!!
Looks like fun! Cute costumes! And good job on the pumpkins :)
I LOVE caramel apples! I am so getting one with Kelli in Utah. And next year, you should put up a sign that says you only give candy to little kids who are in costumes. And then don't answer the door when the older kids come. Amen sister!
I hear you about the teenagers with their book bags (still full of school books and papers) I was so annoyed, where are there parents?...Oh they're probably a few houses back digging for good candy.
Jack and Olivia look so cute! I love the way Olivia's skirt turned out! And we of course love Jack's monkey costume, Eli will probably wear Brenna's again next year for the 3rd year in a row as a monkey...it just suits him too well.
Anyway, glad you had a fun Halloween! Those carmel apples look delicious!
Post a Comment