Jack and Olivia love the slides here. They are made from some kind of PVC-type plastic and the kids literally fly down them. Jack doesn't quite understand the whole "waiting in line" thing and would kick and scream in Adam's arms until it was his turn. I couldn't blame the kid, he just wanted to go have some fun and didn't understand why everyone was just standing there!
Olivia got to go on a pony ride. I knew Jack would just fall off so Adam took him on some more slides. Olivia was very brave. I thought she would get scared or something, but she held on tight for the two laps she got for $4 and loved every minute of it. She was a true cowgirl. Uncle Bryan would be so proud!
Adam thought it would be fun to put Jack down the slide backwards. Of course, Jack thought it was hilarious.
Patterson's is an apple farm and in the fall they also grow pumpkins. Jack loves apples and they have bins of apples that you can just grab and eat (which I'm sure is unsanitary on so many different levels, but oh well. I also give Jack his binky off the floor at the store, so sue me). Here is Jack signing the word for apple, although he thinks you always have to sign it on your right cheek, and his right hand was a little preoccupied with his apple at the moment so he improvised. Jack signs quite a bit, so now we are working on him actually using his words.
Last year we got a sweet family picture with this tire swing. This year we didn't know any one there to take the picture, and Jack was being less than helpful...
Can you tell he had just about enough? He didn't even want to swing. He wanted to sit in the stroller with his blanket and binky and just cry.
Picking out pumpkins. Of course Olivia has to point out the ugly pumpkin.
You can probably guess how this ended...
Apparently I don't give the kids enough to do. I was finishing my hair in the bathroom and thought "Wow, the kids are getting along really well!" Little did I know that they happen to get along really well when they are being naughty, like coloring on my wall.
Here is the skirt I made for Olivia for Halloween. It was so super easy (well that was obvious since I made it!) and she loved it. In fact, I'm planning on making her more since it is relatively cheap too. By the way, she is a fairy princess for Halloween this year.
A closer view of the skirt. It's purple, pink and white, and I added purple and white ribbon to it.
Jack at our ward's Trunk or Treat. He loves his pumpkin. He's a little obsessed with pumpkins right now because he sees them everywhere. Oh, and he is a headless monkey for Halloween. He refuses to wear the hood with the monkey face on it. I really don't care as long as he is warm!
Jack in full costume. He thinks it's funny for a few seconds but then gets mad that he can't get it off his head, so we took the picture really quick.
Adam was a "nerd" for Trunk or Treat. I told him the whole idea of Halloween was to dress up as something. He didn't think I was very funny.
Adam and the kids in the costume parade. Don't you love his socks and flip flops? I know you are all wondering where the pictures are of me. I was a doctor, since the only costume I felt like fitting into was Adam's scrubs. And I am not that cute in scrubs while 29 weeks pregnant. I'll definitely post a pregnancy update soon, since tomorrow I go in for my 30 week ultrasound to see if my placenta has moved up from last time. I'll try and post a picture of me pregnant too, for those of you who don't live near me. 

14 comments:
You put my pumpkin blog to shame, your pumpkin patch is so much cooler!!! Another reason to hate Toledo... Anyway, I'm failing to see where Adam actually dressed up for Halloween. And I wanted to see Dr. Carissa, please share! I can't wait to learn to make that skirt you made Olivia, it is way cute. Where'd you get the wings?!
I love your pumpkin patch! I wish we had done that this last weekend. Anyway, I laughed through your whole blog, especially where Jack was reaching through his legs for the pumpkin. Haha! And I love Livvy's skirt (now I just need a girl). And I think with Roman, Jack, and Bryce together we are all in huge trouble!!
I didn't realize you'd made Olivia's fairy skirt! It's so beautiful! I tried to make Megan one for her birthday a couple years ago and it was a disaster. I had no pattern to go by and was just making it up as I went along. Not the prettiest thing I've ever made. I went to Patterson's and didn't see the slides! I feel cheated!
I love the costumes! One of my boys was that same monkey last year, it's just adorable!
So fun! Olivia looks so pretty and it looks like she loves her costume! You did a great job on the skirt! And Jack's monkey costume is so cute too! I love Halloween. Remember when we dressed up as Charlie's Angels one year? Fun times... :)
Free apples straight from the orchard? That sounds sooo good! I love fun local places like that. And looks like Jack was having an "Austin Moment." That's how must of her excursions with him end up. Sad wanting his blankie and begging to go home the whole time. :)
Funny, Adam dressed up as....Adam. Really, he needs to be a little more creative next time. And who is that red headed child? He bears no resemblance to Adam whatsoever....strange.
Olivia looks really cute inside the tire.
I tagged you! Click here for details.
I cannot believe how red Jack's hair is. He is so cute I want to put him in my pocket, though with the looks of his temper, I don't think he'd let me.
That skirt is beautiful. I want to know how to make it. Great work. Looks like you guys have had a great time celebrating Halloween and it's still 2 days away! Miss you and love you guys.
By the way, is there going to be any 'Poyfair time' when you visit? I'm jonesin' for my family!!!
Gotta love the picture of Jack crying in the stroller! I also love the one of him upside down on the slide. Carter would totally be screaming too if he had to wait in line to go down that cool slide! Olivia's skirt is adorable. I totally have to make one!
Never have to many pictures! Tell Olivia I would point out the ugly or yucky pumpkins too. Gotta love Patterson! So my kids have been there twice (Joey 3 times) and none of it was with me!!! Gotta love friends!! I have to check it out sometime.
Such cute pictures! I love it!
I remember that place! The kids look so cute in their costumes too. Adam's costume is my favorite though. What were YOU?
okay, I know that Madelyn is getting the most votes, but Abigail is SO much cooler! I was so sad that we missed Patterson's this year! It totally slipped my mind. Good to see you at Target today, and old Navy on Saturday! I'm sure I'll see you somewhere else real soon.
Post a Comment