Last Thursday the kids and I went to Toledo to help my
sister get ready for her new baby. I even accompanied her to Olive Garden to get Eggplant Parmagiana, which my other
sister swears puts you into labor. Kelli thought that she was going to have to wait a few days to be induced, but instead went into labor that night (See? It works!) and was admitted Friday around 9am to the hospital. I stayed at her house with Olivia and Jack and watched her two boys, Hayden and Roman. Adam joined me that night after he got out of school and stayed until Sunday night and I took off Monday evening. Watching four rowdy, rambunctious, cuter than cute kids was really exhausting so it was nice to have Adam there to be rowdy and rambunctious with them while I sat back and watched. Adam and I even got brave and took all four kids to
IKEA near Detroit while we were there. I got some new dishes for the kids (I
love their kids' bowls, cups, plates and utensils) and a grill pan (I've wanted one for so long and this one was only $18) plus some tupperware and some things for Kelli (she loves their kids' dishes too). We ate lunch at IKEA because you are crazy if you go there and don't stop for some Swedish meatballs with gravy and lingonberry sauce (I think that's what it's called, and if I'm wrong then we'll just call it
delicious!). Adam and I have been looking for a bed for Olivia, since the baby will be taking Jack's crib so Jack will take Olivia's toddler bed that my awesome Dad (with some help from my equally awesome Mom) made. We think we found one at IKEA but will definitely have to get it at the Pittsburgh store since there would have been no room in the minivan for four kids and a bed. It's either
this one or
this one. By the way, do you spell IKEA with all caps or Ikea like that? I don't care. If it looks like I'm screaming "IKEA" every time I type it, then maybe I am. It's just awesome like that. Anyway.......
Aubrey Ann Lafranca was born October 10 at 4:23pm. She was 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. She has dark brown hair and the cutest little cry. Adam and I took the kids on Saturday afternoon to see her and the kids were in love with her (then we took them to the park with McDonald's so they would be extra tired for naps!)

Look at that proud aunt! It's a good thing I am having a baby girl of my own soon, or I would have taken hers! (I'm semi-joking)
Hayden holding Aubrey with the help of his mother. Roman and Hayden were so cute with her. They fought over who got to hold her, get her diaper, put in her binky, etc.
Olivia holding her newest cousin. She is really excited for her baby sister now and loves Aubrey. She kept telling me "Mommy! She's just so cute!"
Adam holding little Aubrey. He told me it made him more excited to have our baby now (his words were more like "You can go ahead and have our baby now. I can't wait.").
Jack, although he loves his cousin I'm sure, was a little more interested in the Purell dispenser and my Dr. Pepper. When he did show interest in Aubrey, it was mainly to point out her eyes. And when I say "point" I really mean "poke the heck out of".

Look at those chubby cheeks! They are so kissable! We were sad to leave the Lafranca's house and my kids had way too much fun with their cousins, but Olivia had to get back for preschool and I needed to catch up on my sleep (it is impossible to sleep with Jack. He was up at 1am ready to play with me because I insanely thought I could sleep in the same room as him. Then, when I slept with Olivia instead, I had to deal with her Disney Princess light keeping me up like it was high noon in the room). We can't wait to see all of our family again in November for my brother's wedding. We miss all of our cousins and nieces and nephews and Nana and Papa and aunts and uncles. And we can't wait for them all to meet Aubrey!
8 comments:
What a beautiful little baby girl...congratulations auntie! And chubby cheeks right from the get-go!
Thank you thank you thank you for coming and helping! It took a lot of stress off of us and the kids had a blast with you around and I enjoyed the company when I was home. Too bad you couldn't stay longer but I understand your desire to be without such chaos! See you soon!
I am so jealous. She is so cute! And I like the beds, although I can't believe you'd pay that much money!!! See you in a few weeks!
You are such a cute aunt! How fun for both of you to be able to be together at such a fun time. I'm jealous!! See you in November!!
What a sweet baby girl! Olivia is a cute little Mommy!
She is adorable! And it is IKEA by the way. Olivia looks so proud of her new cousin. That metal bed is the exact same one my niece has and they love it. Can you believe you are going to have one of those mini angels of your own soon?! I can't wait to see her. I'm so glad Kelli ended up going into labor on her own. I will have to try that eggplant parm trick next time!
It's so true! There is something about the Olive Garden that puts people in labor! I did it when I was pregnant with Jeremy because a ton of girls in my old ward swore by it. Freaky, isn't it?
At first I was so confused because when I glanced at the pictures I thought it was your baby!
Post a Comment