

Jack and Carter were so cute on the rides, especially this little ferris wheel. I think if the ride had gone on any longer, Jack would have fallen asleep. I couldn't tell if he was bored or just way too comfortable!
Olivia got her face painted. She decided on a strawberry to match her shirt. Later, when her friend Rylynn got a unicorn, Olivia decided she also needed a unicorn so she got her other cheek painted after this picture. Yeah, yeah, so I spoil her. I can admit it, so it isn't a problem, right?
Adam helped Olivia feed the sheep. We didn't really buy the feed, just picked some handfuls off of the floor that people had dropped. She was much more brave than I was. I still think that sheep wanted to eat my hand!
Olivia had her first real birthday party this year too. Her first and second birthday we held a really low-key barbecue for friends. Her third birthday was planned as a family party in Washington, but had to be postponed and toned down because the day before I was hospitalized with viral meningitis. So this year I wanted her birthday party to be lots of fun. It was a "Princess Party" of course. She invited friends from her Sunbeam class and her two friends from our date group. Seven 3- and 4-year-olds in my house plus Jack and Carter and Rachel (my little helper! Thanks!) and Adam made for quite the chaos.
We fed the kids lunch, which consisted of "Fruit Wands" which was my mother's idea, cheese dogs in a blanket and PB&J cut into stars. It was a hit and way easy to make.
Okay, so I can see that it is a little (or a lot) lopsided, but this cake was my biggest headache all morning. I'm just glad the (dumb) thing got frosted and decorated! It is four (!) 8x8 cakes stacked on top of each other with 2 smaller squares cut out and stacked on top of that from a fifth cake. The towers are frosted ice cream cones. And Adam totally helped me with this project so thank you honey! Olivia loved it, so that is all that I cared about.
Olivia in her Princess dress from Nana. She wanted to wear it all day long.
This picture is for Garrett- It is her party and she'll cry if she wants to, cry if she wants to... you get the idea.
I love how excited Jack is to get in on the pinata action. I'm just glad we found a princess pinata! Maybe that is why Jack liked it so much... 

These pictures don't do justice to the amount of kids surrounding Olivia while she was opening presents. Let's just say she had plenty of help with the opening part. She got so many fun things that we had to limit the amount of toys she got to open up each day. I love her face as she opened up each present. She was genuinely excited for every thing she got, and is now very protective of her new things (Jack is not allowed anywhere near her new things).

Jack and Olivia love balloons. I mean love. They are far too excited to be bathing with the balloons. Seriously, I need to draw boundaries somewhere! But they are too cute!


8 comments:
A few comments/questions:
1. Do Carter and Rylynn have a father? It seems like they are always with their mother and I don't see a dad. He must be a deadbeat.
2. I'm glad Olivia took advantage of the birthday party crying exemption.
3. I really liked the leaning princess cake of Carissa.
4. I hope Jack has a manly football birthday party. Adam and I will plan everything. We'll make little football cookies - Laces out!
5. "You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time." - Bob Marley (That has no relevance; I just wanted to say it)
What a cute post! I love the picture of Olivia crying in her birthday dress. SO sad!! That was such a fun party and fair! Thanks for letting us tag along.
Way to go on the party planning. Wish you were here to help me with Jordyn's! I made the castle cake too--and it was lopsided too! What's the deal? Happy Birthday, Olivia! (She has such a cute mom!)
I am so jealous of Olivia! Will you plan a princess party for me too?? I turn 29 on January 5 (that is need to know info for your planning). Anyway, you do NOT need to set boundaries for your kids. They are kids and so lucky that you let them be that way. And I am totally going to the fair this year and eating fried things. And I want to meet the Garrett character - I won't believe we have an Adam II until I see it for myself! He is hilarious!
I was wondering if Rylynn and Carter had a dad too...
The cake turned out really well I thought. It looks a lot better than I could have done I'm sure. I probably would have gotten so frustrated I would have just given up...or made my own princess castle cake design.
I'm glad you got to enjoy your last week before Adam went back to school because it is no fun from here until Christmas!
Brave you and your castle building skills, I didn't know you had it in you (and it seems you barely had it in you!). I love your post, she had a great birthday week. We need to get Celeste a princess crown, maybe a dress if those silly things come in her size. Happy Bday Carissa!
Why is Kelli wishing you happy bday?? Does she know something I don't?? Like you weren't born on the same day as us!! I smell a conspiracy here!!
Pregnancy brain, Celeste! I swear it's pregnancy brain! Ask Jage, I'm as dumb as ever right now, he'll totally agree. =) I totally meant Happy Bday Olivia, it was my fingers that did the typing...I really should preview my comments before posting...lesson learned.
Post a Comment